Chapter 35 - (Sisters)

Walking around in my room in circles, I waited patiently as the phone rang, ‘C’mon Aaroosa, pick up already.’

After 7 rings she finally picked up, “Hello?” Her voice was muffled with loud noises. Music? Oh right they are at the concert.

“Hey Aaroosa.” I answered a bit rushed. I wanted to rush to the point but I didn’t want to sound rude as well.

“Hey Maggs, how are babe?” She yells then I hear shuffling in the back ground then finally the music disappear, “Ah, that’s better.” She sighed.

“Yeah. Are you at the concert now?” I asked not really knowing how to ask what I wanted or how to ask it.

“Yeah, we are just chilling back stage till the boys go on stage.” She said excitingly.

“Cool,” I said the paused for a second, “Urm, Aaroosa?”

“Yeah babe?”

“Why did you guys leave so fast?” I asked a little too eagerly, “I mean I didn’t even get to say bye or anything.” I covered up so I wouldn’t sound suspicious but it was too obvious.

“Oh, Zayn said they called him for pre-show mic checks and other stuff like that. Sorry we didn’t say goodbye or anything but Zayn seemed pretty upset. I think they gave him a hard time for not showing up at time.” She explained.

So he didn’t tell them anything. That was somewhat relieving but in the same time it wasn’t. She said he was upset and I knew it was because of me. If only I knew what he was so damn angry about? Aaroosa wouldn’t be a help in that at all, he didn’t tell them anything.

“Oh, it’s alright. Hope he isn’t in too much trouble because he came.” I said sighing. What I really meant I wish he didn’t come, maybe if he hadn’t come he would still be the sweet, nice Zayn I was familiar with, not this cold Zayn.

“I don’t think he was in too much trouble. He is just a little drama queen,” She chuckled, “Anyways, the concert is about to start so I have to go.”

“Right, okay.” I mumbled.

“Okay babe, see you tomorrow then. Bye.” She said in a rush and as soon as I said bye she hanged up.

The call wasn’t at all what I expected. I wanted answers but at least I knew not everyone was mad at me, just Zayn.

That didn’t make me feel any better though. On the contrary, it made me feel like a stone that weighted a ton was placed on my chest. I had the glummest feeling ever. The only person that always made me smile even when he just did the smallest of things was angry at me for a reason that was unknown to me.

Hearing a knock on the door, I tilted my head to the side to see my sister slowly opening the door to my room, “Mom said to call you down for dinner. It will be ready in ten minutes.” She said hesitantly.

It was weird seeing my usually so annoying sister act so wary around me, but I didn’t give it a second thought. I felt drained from over thinking the whole Zayn thing and I wasn’t in any state to have another issue on my mind.

“Not hungry.” I sighed as I let my body fall freely on the bed not bothered that I was still full dressed. I didn’t even take my hijab off.

“Okay,” She said slowly as she just stood at the door not moving, ”Maggie, are you alright?” She asked hesitantly after a few seconds.

“I don’t know Nadia.” I sighed. Honestly I had no idea why I told her that. The words just got out before my brain processed them.

“Do you want to talk?” She asked still standing by the door.