Chapter 28 - (New plans)

*made a few changes.. Hope you don’t get confused*

 ****

The minute I opened the door to the apartment, Waliyha and Aaroosa came running to me.

“What happened? Why didn’t you answer your phone?” Waliyha pampered me with questions. She looked worried. Didn’t Zayn tell her I was fine?

“I’m fine. I was out to get some groceries then Zayn came and we went out for a late lunch.” I shrugged.

“But why didn’t you pick up the phone when we called?” Waliyha asked calmer now.

“I forget the phone here, sorry.” I said loudly as I went to the kitchen to put the food in the fridge then went back to the living area where I took my Hijab off and let my body fall exhausted on the couch.

“So, what did you and Zayn do today?” Aaroosa asked with a ghost of a smile on her face.

Creasing my eyebrows at her almost smirking smile that creped me out, I answered her anyway “We just went out for lunch. He said he doesn’t like to eat alone so I joined him.”

“Really? That’s odd. Zayn usually likes to do everything alone.” Waliyha shrugged.

“He used to like to do things alone.” Aaroosa wiggled her eyebrows stressing on ‘used’, making me give her a weird look.

“What do you mean Aaroosa?” I asked genuinely curious and honestly I wanted to confirm whether or not she was hinting to what I think she was hinting to.

“Nothing,” She answered teasingly in her fake innocent voice, “Anyways, mom called and said the whole family coming over to go to the O2 on Saturday and Sunday.”

“But we are going to Maggie’s sister party…” Waliyha trailed off.

“It’s okay, you can stay and I’ll go.” I suggested as I knew how important their family gatherings are to them and to be perfectly honest I wish I could stay with them and go see Zayn but I can’t avoid my family forever. If I ever want the kind of relation the Maliks have, I had to make an effort to get close with my family.

“I don’t know. I kind of wanted to meet your sister.” Waliyha sighed.

“It’s okay I’m sure..” I raised an eyebrow as I was rudely interrupted by Aaroosa.

“Me too, but I guess Aunty Trisha was 2 steps ahead of us,” She said excitedly, making both Waliyha and I furrowed our eyebrows not getting what she meant, “Well, auntie Trisha was at the BMCC yesterday and she met your mother where they talked and well, I don’t know the exact details but apparently your family are coming over as well to attend the concert on Sunday with us.”

“What?” I literally just shouted in surprise. Was this some kind of a joke? Why did no one tell me about this? My dad just called me literally just yesterday and he didn’t even mention it. I was so confused.

“This is what mom told.” Aaroosa shrugged.

“Does this mean we aren’t going to Yorkshire tomorrow?” Waliyha asked confused.

“I don’t know, but everyone is coming over on Saturday.” Aaroosa said.

“I’m going to call my mom and find out what this is all about.” I sat up straight and got my phone out of my pocket to dial my mother’s number.

After five rings, she finally picked up, “Hello sweetie. What a nice surprise.” She answered happily.

“Hey mom, how are you?” I asked awkwardly, she was so happy that I called it almost startled me.