Chapter 31 - (Understanding)

Not Edited

***

After yesterday’s dinner, I dreaded waking up this morning and going down stairs to have a ‘family breakfast’. It was going to be so awkward so I decided to slag as much as I could on bed until mom finally yells at me to come down.

Getting my phone from the desk next to my bed to text Waliyha and see when are they coming here to save me, I noticed one unread message. When did I even get this message?

Opening the message, I saw that it was from Zayn and automatically that silly school girl smile is back on my face as I started to read the message.

Hey babe, hope you arrived safely to your parent’s. Sorry I didn’t call earlier but I’m really busy with tour rehearsals :( Miss you and I can’t wait for Sunday xx Z

My mouth turned into a pout as I re-read that message for at least the tenth time, he wasn’t coming with the girls today. Obviously I knew he wasn’t going to come but in the back of my mind I kind of hoped he would come so we can spend a little more time with each other.

God, I was turning into one of those clingy girls, I hate those girls. I need to stop this, whatever ‘this’ was.

 Hitting that reply button, I typed ‘Yes, I’m here. Hope you have fun in rehearsal, see you on Monday’ then sent the message.

Scrolling down my contacts, I searched for Waliyha’s number to know when they will be here. When I finally found her number, I dialed and waited for her to answer but she didn’t.

Sighing, I gave up and decided to go down to eat, they should be finished by now or that was what I thought. As I went to the kitchen I found both my parents still eating breakfast and talking but of course their conversation died down when I set foot in the kitchen. Good thing I only want to make a cup of tea.

“Good morning.” I mumbled as I went behind the kitchen island to put water in the kettle.

“Good morning sweetie, I already made you a sandwich.” My mom gave me the plate. 

“Thanks.” I murmur and turned on my heel to walk out of the kitchen but my dad’s voice stopped me.

“Maggie?” He called.

“Yes?” I answered on the doorway of the kitchen, still debating whether or not I should leave and enjoy a quiet morning on the porch or should I listen to whatever ‘words of wisdom’ my father had for me.

“Your sister told me about the whole story.” He said calmly.

“Well, she doesn’t even know what she is talking about.” I sighed still debating my options.

“That’s why I want to hear your side of everything. I’m not going to judge you for anything I heard without knowing the full story.” His voice was calm but his face was worried.

Looking at my father’s face, I noticed his concerned look; A look that I hadn’t see on his face since I got out of the hospital.

Sighing, I decided to tell him everything. I wanted to prove to him that I was indeed becoming better, “um, Well.. You see,” I was getting nervous, even though I did nothing wrong, “Zayn and I are just friends, erm, he hangs out with us a lot because I’m his sister’s roommate and best friend.  So we became close friends, that’s it really.”

I couldn’t make eye contact with my parents for some reason, “Then why do people think you guys are dating?” My dad asked in a non-accusing way.

“Well, he is famous and .. I don’t know, his fans just have a wild imagination I guess. But I promise we are just friends, nothing more.” I sighed as I reassured my worried parents.