Chapter Twenty Eight- Rey.

I walk around the planet I discovered Luke on. It seems different somehow. Dust fills the once blue sky, and the beautiful green grass is now brown and crunchy. A few trees are now broken, I can tell someone has been here.

Behind me I hear a crunch, causing me to quickly activate my lightsaber and turn around to see..

"Oh gosh!" I exclaim, putting my lightsaber back and crouching down next to it. "You scared me, little one."

The little creature makes a noise, I smile.

"You know I can't understand you, Mickey," I state, laughing silently. "I wish I could, but I can't. Can you show me what's wrong?"

The little bird-like creature chirps at me in reply, then begins to waddle off.

"Oh! Wait! I'm coming!" I say, gathering up my stuff and following the small creature.

He leads me to a group of nests, some on the ground, some way up high in the trees. They look terrified. I look at them with worry.

"What happened?" I ask. "Well, never mind, I can't understand you guys. How about this, do you need help? Chirp once for yes, and twice for no."

The little creature chirps once.

"Alright," I say. "I have a ship. It's over there. Come one."

The creatures trail behind me towards the ship.

While we're walking, however, I hear a loud noise.

Quickly I turn around, seeing a bunch of TIE-fighters and one huge ship. I know I won't make it to the ship in time, so I turn back to the creatures.

"I won't make it, go!" I tell them.

They glance at each other but then waddle off to the stolen ship.

Don't put up a fight, Rey.

I watch the ships land nearby. I sigh, walking towards it.

Let them take you.

Then the doors open, and stormtroopers surround me. And before I know it, I'm face to face with my cousin. Kylo Ren.

"Not going to put up a fight?" Kylo asks, taking a few steps closer. "Good choice."

"What do you want, Ben?" I ask, crossing my arms.

"That's not my name," he states, shaking his head. "It's Kylo Ren, get used to it, cousin."

I don't react.

"No reaction?"

"I already knew." I state. "Luke told me."

"Oh," he nods, smiling. "that's what this is about. That's why you're here and not putting up a fight. You wanted me to find you. You want to join me."

"I wouldn't join you even if you had a lightsaber up to my throat." I snap. "I'm not joining you, your way is messed up."

"So is yours."

"Yeah," I laugh. "I'm starting to notice that, too."

"Huh, come on, ships over there." Kylo replies, putting a hand over his face.

"What do you want with me?" I ask.

"Telling you would just take the fun out of the surprise." He says, giving me his evil grin. I sigh.

"Ben, if you want to kill me, just do it now." I say. "Get it over with. I know you want to."

"Again, Kyra, that's not my name." He corrects.

"Just like Kyra isn't my name either." I state. "And you realize if you keep me prisoner I'll just keep making your life a living hell. Right?"

"No, you won't," He says. "my master may not let you live that long."

"Your masters crazy." I reply. "I hope you know that. You need to come back home. To your mom. She misses you."

"I don't have a home." He says. "And if you're referring to that base, the next time I'll come there will be to destroy it."

"And kill us? Kill your family? Ben, at first I believed there was light still in you, but you truly are a psychopath." I state. "And I'm NOT going to be your prisoner."

"Good, go in your ship, lead us to wherever the base is." Ben snaps. "We'll follow you. We'll kill everyone you've ever loved and cared about, slowly and painfully, right before your eyes. And it'll be all your fault!"

"Don't you dare..." I warn.

"You know, the funny thing is, we actually know where it is." Ben says. "I just have to give the signal, and they'll go and attack it."

"Yeah, alright, but what would happen if I killed you before you did that?" I ask.

"Well, these stormtroopers here would be the witnesses. They'd give the others the cue." Ben says, and realization floods over me. "Yeah, that's right. You kill me. They die."

I don't move. I don't even dare to. I know if I do, everyone back at the base will die, and it will be my fault.

A thought in the back of my mind tells me to kill them. Kill the stormtroopers. Not him. At least not yet. If the stormtroopers are dead, then there will be no witnesses. No one to destroy the base. No one to kill my family. I despise Luke, but I wouldn't be able to live with myself knowing I killed my father.

Smiling, I reach for my lightsaber, and Ben's eyes widen.

I hear him shout, but I'm too busy fighting stormtroopers to completely hear him.

But then I hear a blast, and feel a sharp pain in my shoulder.

I soon find myself meeting the ground. Then my consciousness fades completely.

A/N:

Oooh, is Rey dead? Just kidding, we know she isn't. Just added that in for dramatic affect (or is it effect? I get those two mixed up.)