Chapter Seventy- Luke.

It's over.

My nephew did it. Ben ended this war. The first order is gone. Snoke is dead. After thirteen years, the galaxy is finally at peace.

It's over.

We're free.

Although it's a day to be celebrated, I can't.

Rey was hurt in battle, and is in the infirmary. I can't celebrate until I know she's alright.

I just really hope she wakes up soon...

The doors of the infirmary open, showing Poe walk inside.

"Hello Luke," Poe greets, sitting down beside me. "wait- Luke? What are you doing here? Didn't you go to Jakku to fight Snoke and Kylo? Or did I dream that? This day has been so hectic ... I can't tell the difference between real life or dreams anymore."

"Yes.. we did fight Snoke and Kylo." I reply. "Long story short, Ben killed Snoke. Oh, and Ben's back. Probably should've started with that."

"Ben's back?" Poe asks. "Oh my gosh, this is awesome! Where is he?"

"Both he and Rey are here." I inform, Poe gives me a concerned look. "They want to make sure Ben is Ben and not Kylo, so they're keeping him here for a few days. Also, Rey lost an arm in battle, and for some reason she lost consciousness. I'm waiting for them to give me an update on her."

"Rey lost an arm!?" Poe exclaims. "So, it does run in the family... hah, Finn owes me ten credits."

"You bet Rey would lose her arm?!"

"Hey! I need the money."

"I don't care!" I exclaim. "You don't bet on your friends losing a limb!"

"Somebody's in a mood..."

"Okay!" I say. "Why are you here? Is there a reason?"

"Yes." Poe informs. "I have you know, there is a reason for me being here."

"And what's that?!"

"Because, Lyra." Poe replies. "Lyra saved me earlier today and crashed her ship. She's okay now, just needs some rest. I came to bring her something."

"Alright, well, then why are you out here talking to me?" I ask. "If you came to give her something, then why aren't you with her?"

"I don't know," Poe shrugs. "I kind of just saw you and thought 'wonder what that old man is thinking?'"

"Haha, very funny." I reply. "You're hilarious. Now what's the real reason?"

"That's literally the whole reason.." Poe admits. "What? Did you think it'd be some sort of sappy moment from a cheesy movie?"

"No, of course not." I say. "You sounded like there was more to that!"

"There is." Poe says. "Yeah I'm not going in there because I'm going to ask her to marry me and I'm afraid to."

"WHAT!?"

"Luke! I'm just messing with you again!" Poe assures. "I'm not going in there because it's not time for visiting hours yet!"

"Oh, yeah," I reply, looking over at the clock to see what time it is. "welp, it's time now. Are you going?"

"Yep!" Poe replies, standing up. "See you later."

"You too." I say, then Poe walks down the hall.

~

Rey stirs in her sleep, giving me the slightest bit of hope that she's about to wake up. It's been an hour. The doctors said that she's probably passed out due to exhaustion, and that she'd wake up soon but she needed rest.

How come 'rest' is the solution to every medical problem?

I sigh.

Of course, Rey had to lose an arm. Because she's a Skywalker. And apparently that's what we do.

We lose hands, and we ruin the galaxy.

Anakin lost his hand, I lost my hand, Rey lost her hand, and Leia lost her Han.

My family is really depressing.

The doors open, showing Finn, a concerned look painted across his face.

"She still isn't awake?" Finn asks, I shake my head. "Goodness... it's been almost two hours. Hopefully she wakes up soon."

"I hope." I reply. "I really can't lose her. If she died... I don't know what I'd do with myself..."

"Hey!" Finn snaps. "Don't think like that! Rey won't die. And you'll never lose her again. The first order is gone, there's no more threats in the galaxy, meaning there's not going to be anymore battles. Okay? Please don't talk like that."

I shrug. "Thanks, Finn,"

"No problem, Luke." Finn replies. Suddenly his eyes widen, and a huge smile appears on his face. "Rey, hi!"

I quickly turn around, seeing Rey wide awake.

"Hey," I greet. "how do you feel?"

"Is it over?"

For a second I stare at her confused. Is what over? But it doesn't take long at all to realize what she means.

I smile.

"Yes, it's over." I assure. "We won."

She smiles. "And Ben? He's back?"

"Yep."

"Oh, thank goodness!"

"So, how do you feel?" Finn asks, repeating my question from earlier.

She looks down at her arm, and looks back at us, sighing. "So, it wasn't just a nightmare..."

"No, sadly not." I state.

"Hey, on the bright side, you get a cool robotic arm like Bucky Barnes!" Finn states, making Rey laugh.

"I don't even know who he is, but he sounds awesome!"

"I really need to show you Marvel holo-films..." Finn says, sighing and walking towards the door. "Anyway, I'll let the two of you talk alone. See you later, Rey,"

"Okay," Rey replies. "see you soon!"

Finn exits, leaving the two of us behind to talk.

"Honestly, we haven't spoke just the two of us since I revealed that I was your dad." I say. "Sooo, how've you been?"

"Um, I don't know," Rey says. "I lost an arm today... also I remember what my past was like. It was nice."

"Wait, you remember?" I ask, she nods. "That's amazing!"

"Yeah!" Rey agrees. "The only thing I didn't like about it was when mom died.... that part was sad."

"Yeah..." I nod. "It was...dad."

I freeze.

Dad? She didn't... did she? If she did, then, does that mean she forgives me? Or is it just because her life literally flashed before her eyes?

I'm so confused.

"Did-did you just call me ... dad?" I ask, tearing up slightly.

Rey shrugs. "Yeah, I was just trying it out.."

"And?"

"It seems right." Rey states. "You know, since you are my dad and all. It just makes sense."

I grin. "I'm very glad you're okay,"

"I am too, dad." Rey says. "I am too."

La la la, da da da, this chapter sucks!