Chapter Seventy Nine- Poe.

I stand at the alter, watching as Stella is carried down the aisle wearing a small bow on her head. Everyone smiles at her as she rips the bow off and tries to throw it on the ground, thankfully Rey's there so she can stop her.

Finally the music begins, and Lyra walks out, her father holding her arm. Immediately tears well up in my eyes.

Lyra looks beautiful.

She has her hair in a braid that simply rests on her shoulder, with a small and simple veil on her head. Her dress is long and a cream color with some lace at the top and end.

She's absolutely stunning.

She finally reaches the alter, and Cassian lightly presses a kiss to her cheek, and then looks to me.

"If you ever hurt her, Jyn will murder you." He warns, Lyra gives him a slight glare, and then he walks off to be with his wife.

As expected, the ceremony continues, and it's finally time for our vows.

"Lyra, we've been best friends our whole entire life." I begin. "Never did I expect to actually fall in love with you. Yet, I did. You've always been the strongest and most stubborn person, and I love that about you."

Lyra smiles, tears in her eyes. Now it's her turn.

"Poe, when I came back after spending two years spying on the first order, I didn't expect to find all these feelings for you that weren't there before." She begins. "In that moment, I realized how much I missed you, and how I didn't want spend another second apart from you. Poe, you are the best thing to ever happen to me. You're already such an amazing father to Stella, and I know, if it's even possible, you'll just improve as the years pass. I love you with all my heart, and I can't imagine life without you, you idiot."

I laugh slightly.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss your bride!"

I pull her closer, and we kiss.

We break apart, and Rey and Rose bring Stella to us. I gladly take her, and she breaks out in giggles.

"We're married." Lyra says, looking at me.

Lyra and I kiss again, and then I kiss Stella's forehead. We walk down aisle, as everyone continues to cheer. I can't believe I get to spend the rest of my life with my best friend.

~

"I can't believe we're actually married," I state, and Lyra smiles. "It feels so unreal."

"That's what I was thinking." Lyra replies. "I also can't believe we adopted this beautiful  baby girl!" She picks Stella up from her stroller, and places her down on her lap. "She just woke up."

"Hey, princess." I smile. "You're so cute."

Stella gives her big toothless grin, and giggles.

"She knows that." Lyra says. "But she likes you telling her that, so continue."

"It's time for your first dance as a married couple." Rose says, reaching her arms out. "I'll take Stelly-Belly for you."

We nod and stand, Lyra hands Stella to Rose. "Come on, Stella, it's time to go to Auntie Rosie."

I take Lyra's hand, and we begin dancing.

"I never thought this they would come." Lyra states, smiling.

"Me neither." I reply.

I look at Lyra. She's so beautiful. I almost can't believe she's my wife.