17

We had to go to school today, I got ready and Jungkook said he was giving me a ride.

We entered his car and it was silent between us. I knew he was going to question me about yesterday.

"Are you okay? I've never really seen you cry before." He stared at me while we both sat down. I nodded.

"Yeah." I keep lying to him, I don't know how long I could keep up this mask I wear just to keep his company.

I stared out the window while the car ride was silent, I felt his hand being placed on mine as we were almost at the school.

"I mean it when I say I'm not leaving, nothing will make me leave you from being best friends." He stared at me, he was serious.

Jungkook and I were never serious, but I guess this broke the record. I nodded and thanked him.

He continued to drive while taking his hand away from mine. I stared out the window while the ride was quiet again.

Once we arrived, Jungkook and I saw his friends hanging out by the stairs.

"Why are you guys here so early?" Jungkook tilted his head while we both joined him.

"Well, we knew both of you came early so we wanted to join. We didn't really like the big crowds either." Namjoon shrugged while speaking.

"Ara, could I talk to you?" Jin asked with a small smile. I nodded while he lead me away from the guys.

"What's going on with you and Jungkook lately? You've been drifting yourself from him. I noticed it." He frowned, he noticed? I let out a sigh.

"I don't know." I lied, I knew the reason. I just didn't want to tell him. Jin's known to be kind and respectful. I just would feel uncomfortable speaking to him about him, I'm sure he won't care anyway.

"I know you're lying, just tell me. I won't tell, I promise." He put his pinkie finger near me, I shook my head.

"Jin, it's fine. Don't worry about it. It's stupid."

"It's not stupid, I care about you Ara. You know that I'm a person you could trust. Letting out what you've been bottling up is the best thing that you could do right now." He smiled. It warmed my heart how caring he was towards me.

I guess he was right, I let out a deep breath before beginning to speak. "I've been starting to like Jungkook, I know it's stupid but I have to drop this friendship. It's the best thing I could do, I care too much about Jungkook to keep up this act of me liking him as a friend." He was shocked at what I said, I waited for his response while looking down.

"Well, you're getting the wrong idea. Jungkook cares a lot about you and you care about him. Are you willing to drop a friendship over feelings that you have for him? I know it's going to be the hardest thing to so. I know it's hard for you to do this, but I'm sure you shouldn't drop a friendship like the one you have with him. It will break both you and him." His tone was soft and comforting, he really knew what to say.

"Jin, I'm scared to have him fall in love with another girl while I have to be supporting him. You know that's going to hurt me." I stared up at him, my eyes were watering while I spoke.

"I know, but if it is too hard for you you have to tell him. It's crazy but he needs to know how you feel before you get yourself hurt. I'm sure he'll understand." He frowned at how emotional I was getting.

"Okay, thanks for the advice Jin. It really helped." I wiped any evidence of tears before we both began to walk to the guys.

"Don't be afraid to talk to me if you need anything, I want to help you out." He smiled. I thanked him again while we were walking back.

"What happened, is everything alright?" Jungkook stared at me with a worried expression. I nodded and he gave me a smile.

We all got our stuff from our lockers and met back by the vending machines. As the day went on, I tried to keep Jungkook away from my thoughts. With every attempt to do so, I failed.

When will my stupid thoughts about him go away?