28

Days passed and school was coming. I had to come early because I had a student council meeting, I recently joined the club so I wanted to commit.

Jungkook drove me there and we parted ways since he went to go to the library. I entered the class to see very few people.

"Ah, you must be Ara. The ace of this school." A teacher gave me a big smile, I bowed politely while sitting down.

"Now, Ara in this club we mainly make decisions about school dances and event dates along with decorating and designing. You're also in the welcoming comity so you give tours and make the new kids feel included as they're getting comfortable here. That sounds good to you?" A student asked with a big grin, I nodded and they all went around to introduce themselves.

"There's a new student coming from Busan in a today, Ara would you like to give them a tour and help them around when they come here?" Mr. Kim asked as she tilted her head. I agreed, I wanted to give a good impression to her.

We continued on with the meeting while Mr. Kim gave me a schedule of the meetings. I left and so did the other students, I met up with Jungkook by my locker.

"How was the meeting?" He lifted his head while giving me a smile.

"It was good, I have to go to the office to meet up with the new kid though." I smiled, he pouted when I said I had to leave again. "I'll see you soon though." I kissed his lips and he kissed back.

"You better, I'll wait for you here with the guys at lunch." He chuckled. "I love you."

"I love you more, have fun learning." I teased while he rolled his eyes, we parted ways again.

I went to the office then waited for the new kid, I was curious as to who it was. It didn't take long for them to arrive.

Once she arrived, she seemed kind. She had medium length light brown hair along with dark brown eyes.

"You must be the new kid, I'm Koh Ara." I let out my hand for her to shake. She gave me a big smile before shaking my hand.

"I am. My name is Gye Minji, It's so nice to meet you." I responded her with kind words before starting the tour.

I showed her to her classes along with any club or sports team she might be interested in. She was so nice and I could really see us becoming friends.

"It's so nice knowing that somebody as kind as you goes to this school, do you mind having lunch with me later?" Minji questioned me while tilting her head. "I'm a bit shy so it takes me a while to get myself comfortable to people but you're so nice and frankly the only friend I've made so far."

I didn't want to make her uncomfortable on her first day, so I agreed. I texted Jungkook that I couldn't go with him at lunch since she said she was shy, I didn't want her to feel left out if I joined her with the guys and I.

I continued on with my day and we had plenty of classes together, she was such great company and we had so much in common.

Our classes came to an end and I wanted to introduce Minji to the guys before she left. I did want her to make new friends knowing how nice she was.

We walked together to my locker seeing all the guys there, I gave them a wave while Minji was behind me. I gave her a comforting smile as she stared at everybody with a crooked smile.

The guys began to introduce themselves happily, they seemed to like her as well.

"I'm Gye Minji. It's so nice to meet you." She bowed politely, as soon as Jungkook heard her name he began to head out for the door.

"Jungkook!" I called out, he continued to stomp away when I called out to him.

"I better get going, my Appa's waiting for me. I'll see you tomorrow! Thanks for everything Ara." She hugged me while giving me a smile.

I waved back and then began to go to Jungkook. I finally caught up to him while the boys were left in with shock. I didn't know why everybody was acting that way towards her, they seemed so nice until they heard her speak.

"Ara, you have to get away from her." Jungkook gritted his teeth while speaking. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Jungkook, you're being crazy. I'm not going to do that, I can't let her be alone." I argued back while he sat down by the school benches.

"GET AWAY FROM HER!" He screamed at me, I instantly stepped back from his cold tone. I didn't understand why he was acting this way.

"Why do you hate her already? You don't even know Minji." My tone was low while his head was down, I didn't even sit beside him. I just stood in front of him.

"Just trust me, let's just go back to my house." He shook his head, I followed him to his car while he didn't speak any words from then.

"Jungkook, tell me why you don't want me to talk to her." I asked while we both entered the car, he just put his head to the head rest while staring up. "Answer me."

"Look, if you want to keep hanging out with her so bad you can. I won't stop you, but I will stop this relationship." When he said that I was in shock. I felt anger boiling as I fought back with him.

"Jungkook, you're so dramatic. Why can't you just tell me? You don't know her. She's my friend if you could just give her a cha-" He cut off my words with a yell.

"SHE'S MY EX GIRLFRIEND!" His words were cold and harsh. My eyes widened, I didn't know what to say. "Do you want to keep hanging out with her? Because I'll gladly end this relationship right here, right now."

"I didn't know, but if I did. It would be that easy for you to let me go? Do I mean that little to you for you to brush me off like that? Now I know how much I really mean to you." I scoffed, I understood his problems with Minji now. But I really didn't understand the fact of him threatening the end of our relationship.

"You'll end up like her." His tone was low, as soon as he heard the sadness in my words his anger began to dial down.

"I would end the friendship I have with her for you of course, but after knowing how easy it would be for you to break up with me.. It's better to end this relationship either way." Tears were beginning to spill from my eyes, I couldn't believe this was happening. I was really breaking up with Jungkook.

"Areum, I didn't mean it like that." He grabbed my wrist. I pushed it off him then grabbed my bag before opening the car door.

"I promised to always be there for you, but I realized that promises are meant for the people that care deeply about you. I was stupid to think you were one of them." I turned to him before speaking, I could hear my heart being ripped after saying that.

Before he could say anything I left his car, I could barely have the power to walk away. I wanted to look back but I couldn't. I love Jungkook from the bottom of my heart but the best thing to do is to leave.