The New Issue of Vogue

We walked through the dark streets of a New York alleyway on our way to the Pandemonium Club. Not to sound cocky or anything since that was Jace's thing, but we looked hot. I felt this sudden urge of confidence as we strutted to the doors. Perhaps it was my heels that gave me this feeling or maybe it was the fact that I was about to go into battle which is what I was created to do.

"Alec patrol the perimeter, sass duo you're the distractions, I'll handle the demons." Jace snapped me out of my thoughts when he began to give orders. Both Izzy and I glared at the name the two parabatis had given us, but Izzy nodded none the less.

"Or I handle the demons, you be the distraction, demons dig blondes." I said dragging out the or. Then, winked and patted Jace on the shoulder.

I could feel his gaze burning my back as he walked a little faster to catch up with me. His hand wrapped around my wrist causing me to stop walking and look at him. Almost instantly I snapped my arm back. Knowing that Alec loved Jace more than a parabati should and this kind of contact Jace had with girls hurt him, but he stayed quiet knowing it wasn't allowed to love your parabati like that.

Jace's eyes dimmed a little and I felt bad for a moment before shaking it off. Jace was only hurt because because it was a blow to his ego. "How about we handle the demons? I didn't bring my heels tonight."

I nodded. "Be better prepared, Wayland." I could almost picture him smirking at my comment as I walked away.

The Lightwood siblings and I walked through the door of the club with ease. Jace entered just a moment after but I didn't ask, he was probably just checking out a mundane. "Izzy." He nodded and Isabelle smirked before taking off her coat and handing it to Jace. She walked up to the stage and took off her wig than began dancing. I had to stop myself from saying "slay queen" and walked next to Jace as we headed towards our target.

Jace went up to him a pointed a seraph blade to his back as he whispered something into his ear. I imagined the demon swooning at this proximity with Jace and I smirked. My eyes searched around the room for any possible threats. I found none... besides these guns. Okay, I'll stop now. "Watch out!" A girl about the same height as me with orange hair ran in and pushed the demon out of the way. Just the sound of the girl's voice annoyed me but I have to admit she has guts... Or she's an imbicle but bravery is bravery no matter what the cause of it is.

I pushed the girl out of the way and whispered the name of my blade as I turned to stab a demon with my seraph blade just as he ran towards us. It disintegrated instantly and the mundane lost it. "Did you see that?" She screeched and stumbled backwards in fear. Mundanes are so dramatic.

"No they didn't sweetheart." I smiled at her annoyed and kicked another demon who was running towards her. "By the way carrot head where did you get those boots? They're so cute."

She looked at me in confusion and Jace glared at me. "Those boots aren't even in this season."

I rolled my eyes at Jace. Had he not read the last issue of vogue? "But they will next season!" The girl looked at both of us as if we were crazy. We both smirked at her and simultaneously stabbed the last demon. Her green eyes turned the size of saucers and I saw her bottom lip tremble before she ran away.

"Was it something I said?" I turned to grin at Jace who was looking the way the girl had gone. He glared at me and I pouted.

"I'm going after her. She looked scared." Jace told me before running after her. I didn't bother protesting because I saw a look in his eyes. One that said there was no way I was stopping him.

Izzy and Alec almost instantly found me. "Where's Jace?" Alec asked me, frantically looking for his parabati.

"He's chasing a carrot." I tried my best to grin, but it must have not look convincing because Alec and Izzy eyes me worriedly. "Some mundane girl with the sight." I explained and began to walk away.

The next morning I walked into the institute chewing on a crappy little pancake from McDonald's with cheap sunglasses covering my blue eyes. Last night I hadn't been able to sleep. So, I snuck out to a downworlder bar. To make a long story short I ended up in a warehouse with a hangover and walked back to the institute stopping by McDonald's and a CVS along the way. "Where have you been?" Alec asked me, even though he already knew the answer.

"Chasing rainbows and gambling with pegusi." I informed him while taking the mug of coffee out of his hands.

"Jace brought a stray." Alec told me as he led me to the infirmary. I felt bad knowing Jace would never return those same feelings to Alec. Even if they weren't parabatis, Jace was straighter than a ruler.

"Carrot head?" I asked rolling my eyes and stuffing the pancake in my mouth before gluping it down with the bitter coffee. I scruched up my nose. "Oh look Alec something more bitter than you!"

Alec rolled his multicoloured eyes but smiled at me and hooked an arm across my shoulders. "By the angel, little sisters are annoying." He said as we entered the infirmary where Izzy sat looking at little carrot head.

Alec's mood soured as soon as he layed eyes on her. He already wasn't fond of mundanes and Jace being so infiltrated with the girl was really pushing his buttons. I walked over to Izzy and hugged her. "You're smelly." She made a face but hugged me back.

"Alec's my favorite now."

"No I'm not."

"Fine, then little carrot head is my favorite." I smiled and cocked my head to the side as I looked at her. She was pretty when she wasn't talking. Nothing special, which made me wonder why Jace was so interested in her.

"Her name's Clary." Speaking of the devil. "Where have you been, Jessamine? I went to your room when I got back and you weren't there." Jace frowned in confusion. He went into my room sometimes. I would take out my copy of A Tale of Two Cities and we would ask each other questions and answer by opening a random page in the book and reading a sentence in it until we fell asleep.

I shrugged. "Chasing rainbows and gambling with pegusi."