He Who Shall Not be Named

The next day Alec walked into my room at about noon to wake Jace and I up. "Mission briefing in ten minutes." He told us and I felt my heart ache at the fact that he didn't even look at us. How could I do this to him?

"Alec, it's like six in the morning." Jace groaned shielding his eyes from the light that invaded my room. I showed him my digital clock that was next to my bed and his mouth shut. "We're going." Alec nodded before leaving.

I slipped on a hoodie and followed Alec out, grabbing a mint along the way. I would brush my teeth after I apologized, priorities people. "Alec, wait. Nothing happened I promise. Liar. "He always sleeps in my room when we play the question game. You were gone, and he was hurting himself. I couldn't just watch him, he's like my brother." That stupid word that made all this a hundred times worse.

Alec finally stopped walking and turned to look at me with soft eyes. "I'm not mad at you, Jessie. I'm mad Jace for allowing some random girl, who just so happens to be Valentine's daughter, walk in here and make us risk everything to help him get laid." I knew he was lying. Alec wasn't mad he was scared, scared of losing Jace because he didn't just look at Clary like he looked at other girls. No, there was something different none of us had ever seen Jace look at someone like that. Which in my opinion was stupid since he didn't even know the girl.

"Not to mention she's incredibly annoying. Maybe we can get her to annoy Valentine to death." I stated cheerfully as I hooked my arm around his. He grumbled in protest but a small smile was on his lips.

"You just woke up aren't you going to brush your teeth?"

Alec scrunched his nose up in disgust and I glared at him. " Yeah well, I figured making sure you were okay was more important. My bad how inconsiderate am I." I raise my hands up dramatically.

Just then Izzy walked towards us her morning heels on her feet and in simple leggings and sports bra looking shirt, there was a mug in her hand but I know she wasn't drinking the coffee. She detests it, but she think it makes her look responsible. Why she had coffee at noon when she should be eating lunch was beyond me. "Lovely morning we're having isn't it?" She asked me smirking.

"She knows it's noon, Izzy." Alec rolled his eyes taking the coffee from Isabelle. He loved coffee as opposed to my parabati and I.

"Why'd you tell her, Alec? I wanted to trick Jessie. Didn't you just wake up, Jessie? Did you already brush your teeth?" I threw my hands up in the air and a bunch of weird sounds escaped my mouth before I stomped to my room.

Jace was still there laying on my bed his head was burried under the pillows. When I walked closer he turned to face me and smiled a little. He looked like a real life angel at the moment. His golden blonde hair was messy flopping over one of his eyes, his strong arms were full on display with the white tank top he was wearing, his left cheek was pressed against the matress with a cute little smile adorning his face, and his multicoloured eyes were shinning.

"Come lay down with me." His smiled softly, looking completely careless. He always acts like he doesn't care but I know better. He's actually always stressing about the team, doing his job, being the best, and keeping up his facade because he's scared somebody will break his heart.

All I wanted to do at the moment was to go lay down next to him and tell him how I feel, but life wasn't easy. Sometimes you have to chose between doing what you want to do and doing what has to be done, always chose the latter. Ew that was really cheesy. So, I smiled at him and shook my head before going into the bathroom to brush my teeth and get ready. "Nope, princess go get ready." He grumble a response about me being much too responsible now a days before I herd my door closed.

___

"Magnus Bane?" I eyed the picture Hodge was showing us. "He doesn't look a day over 26."

Alec rolled his eyes and sent me a bored look. "He's a warlock." I simply shrugged, still not exactly sure what the High Warlock of Brooklyn had to do with Jocelyn the trader Fairchild.

"And as you can see," Hodge tried to stir us off his looks and onto the mission. "He hasn't exactly shielded away from the pleasures of every century. His tastes are both excessive and exquisite."

I looked over to Isabelle and we both smirked. We would get along with him great then. "He looks like the down worlds David Guetta." Carrot head commented and I had to stifle a laugh at how true that statement was.

"Guetta is a down worlder." Izzy piped up.

"Ever seen him in the day light?" I inquired leaning forward resting my head on my hands as my elbows rested on my knees.

Jace sent me a look, half amused half scolding. "This isn't a joke." Alec told us both. It was at times like these when I understood why they were parabatis.

"Our theroy makes sense." I defended putting my hands up in mock surrender.

"Alec's right." Hodge tried to get us to concentrate again. Which was hard with me around, I'm almost positive I have ADD. "Magnus is one of the most powerful warlocks I've ever know. He has a deep mistrust for shadowhunters."

"Any idea why?" I asked only this time I was serious. Why would he mistrust us. I mean I know shadowhunters are prejudice and arrogant but most of us are faithful to the law.

"We don't need his life story." Carrot Head sent me a look.

"We didn't ask for yours either but here we are now." Izzy sassed back rolling her eyes. Like I said before, for us parabatis and family are sacred.

Clary chose to ignore her. "Well, then why did he help my mom."

"Clary you're new to this world not the real one. Why does anyone do anything? She payed him, duh." I answered not hostile but quite annoyed with how stupid she was.

Hodge nodded agreeing with me. "The thing is, warlocks have gone into hiding ever since Valentine started hunting them.Valentine must need a warlock. Where did Jocelye-"

"Hodge your rune." Clary exclaimed frantically when Hodge's circle rune began to glow. He spoke of he shall not be named.

"You okay?" Jace frowned going forward to support Hodge if necessary.

"Yeah."

"So, how do we find Magnus?"

This time Jace and I shared a smirk, missions were my specialty. "We don't. He finds us. We lure him out of hiding with something...spectacular. We need a meeting place though somewhere protected, preferable croweded. Where we can be only another face in the crowd."

"And I know exactly where to do it." Izzy smiled triumphantly and Alec's worried expression. He hated Izzy's meeting places. "Down worlder rave. Biggest party of the year. There's no way he'll miss it." Finally, things were going to get intresting.