Does He Normally Just Lay Like That Without Moving?

I've always had a problem with keeping my mouth shut. Ask anyone, ever since I was little I couldn't bite my tongue to save my life... I'm sure you've noticed by now too. Things just came out even at the worst possible moment. Apparently my brain can't shut up either because the memory popped out. It just slipped. I didn't mean to show it. I didn't even know it was a memory of the one I love the most.

I mean obviously I love Jace. Just like I love my grumpy cat Alec. The thing is why did it have to be that memory. Why couldn't it be a memory of me gluing Jace's butt to his motorcycle? If you don't know what memory I'm talking about yet, you're really dense. It was the memory of me swiping Jace off his feet (literally) and straddling him. Then, of course, kissing. By the angel, please kill me now.

A dramatic gasp escaped everyone's mouth. Under any other circumstances I would've cracked a joke at how cliche that was but I was busy having a mini seizure. I screwed my eyes shut and wiggled my whole body, but kept my stone like grip on Alec and Jace's hands.

"It's okay, Jessie. Don't let go." My parabati yelled over the fast wind that the demon was creating. Just hearing her voice calmed me a little.

"This is why I kill demons like you." I yelled at the memory demon, who couldn't careless about what I said. "Always starting drama. Nosey little bastards you are."

It ignored me and moved onto Alec. I felt a nasty churn at the pit of my stomach. Like I had just jinxed it and the drama was only about to start.

Alec's memory was one of Jace. I barely had time to look at who was in the memory before Alec started shaking his head and denying it. "No. No, that's not true." Alec whined. He looked completely and utterly scared as he looked at Jace with big pleading eyes. It looked he was about to cry. It broke my heart to see him so scared and sad. I knew Jace would accept Alec however he was, but Alec didn't know that. I wanted to do anything to make Alec stop hurting.

Then, Alec let go of our hands. He broke the bond. He stood up and puffed his chest up going towards the demon, but the demon took Jace instead. Izzy was the quickest to react. She grabbed onto Jace's hand balancing on six inch heels and pulling him down with all her might, but the demon was too strong. Alec helped Izzy pull. The demon waved Jace around like a rag doll, almost taking him. "Clary help!" Izzy cried.

Before Carrot Head could even react I whispered the name of my blade, Malik. It lit up and I marched forward without a second thought. "Jessamine no, the memories will be lost forever!" Magnus shouted. I raised my blade up and slashed through the demon.

Jace's body went limp. I caught him before he fell, hugging his comically larger body to my chest. I sat down with him on the floor. His head in my lap as I tried to wake him up.

"Jace, Jace." Izzy and Alec cried out.

"Jace, get up." Alec called desperately. "Is he going to be alright?" Alec asked, looking at Magnus.

"Yes, Alec he's only channeling his inner goldfish." I hissed at the same time Magnus said, "I don't know does he normally lay like that without moving?"

"Jace, wake up." Carrot Head said at the same time I drew my hand back and slapped him right across the face.

Jace's gold and blue eyes opened in shock. He moved his jaw and cupped his cheek with his hand. "Finally, have that swing down, I see." He gasped while massaging his cheek that was starting to turn red.

"Fucking asshole, you scared me." I breathed out closing my eyes in relief. When I opened them I saw Alec leave the room. Jace's attention turned to him. I nodded encouragingly and helped him stand up as he called after Alec. They needed to talk.

_____

I snuck into the institute to change my clothes into black joggers, a black windbreaker, and black running shoes. I needed to clear my mind, and partying wouldn't do me any good today. I stuffed a backpack full of throw daggers and was about to leave without anyone noticing me when someone called my name. No not just someone, he called my name.

"Mine, wait." So, I waited.

How could I not? Not when he used my nickname. It was the first nickname I had ever received. I always hated when anyone called me by anything other than Jessamine, but that just wouldn't do when I moved in with the Lightwoods. He called me Mine a month after I lost my parents. I hated it. Mine. It sounded so possessive and controlling. Almost he was claiming me. It made me feel trapped, but over time I learned to love it. Don't ask me why, I wouldn't be able to explain it. He was the only one who could call me that. If anyone else did, they would die. By my hands or his. We were weird like that, just like he let me call him princess and goldie locks, or any other name that made fun of his blonde hair.

"We're going to talk." He told me, grabbing my wrist and dragging me into a spacious janitors closet. He didn't ask. Who does this boy think he is?

"No we're not. Who are you? Jimmy Fallon? I don't think so. So, we don't talk." I smiled sarcastically before walking past him. Or at least attempting to. He grabbed my wrist softly but firmly. His grip was soft enough that I could pull my wrist away from him if I wanted to.

"Mine, please." He said softly almost in a whisper. It was weird Jace was never gentle. I couldn't tell if I liked it or not. It was nice, almost comforting like he was promising it would be worth it if I stayed. A nice change from the usual loudness we both portrayed. We were both like big explosions we didn't know how to stay put or be quiet. We demanded action and adventure. I settled for the fact that I didn't like it. He spoke like that to all the girls he flirted with, but I knew him better than that. He shouldn't treat me like those love sick girls that followed him around like he was a god.

"Don't talk to me like that. I'm not Carrot Head." I frowned and placed a hand on my hip.

"Obviously." He laughed his gold eyes lighting up when I corrected him. "But we have to talk."

"About what, Princess?" I asked running a hand through my hair, but I knew what it was he wanted to talk about.

"About your memory. About why you killed the demon even though all the memories would be lost."

"Don't be dense, Jace. I could careless about the memories. That demon was going to kill you. Do you really think I'd choose Carrot Head's memories over you?" I scoffed, not believing he would even ask me that.

"And what about your memory?" He asked stepping closer to me. His eyes were still looking into mine, looking for something.

"I don't know. I didn't even know why it came up." I answered honestly.

"Yes you do." He said still looking at me. We were really close now. Our chests were inches from touching.

"No I don't." I glared, starting to get frustrated.

"Yeah you fucking do." He said frustratedly. He grabbed my head bringing my face close to his.

...

Hey guys I'm making a playlist for this book so if you have any song suggestions let me know.