Hermosa

"Yeah this place isn't creepy at all." The lanky brunette sighed as we arrived at our destination.

"Don't tell me you're afraid." Isabelle smirked at the same time I said.

"Do you want me to hold your hand?" We both smirked at each other and she sent me a wink, as is to say it's go time. I slightly nodded before slipping my small and not so delicate hand in his warm slightly sweaty one. Ew.

"Are you kidding me? I was born afraid... that sounded a lot better in my head." He realized and I slightly chuckled. What can I say I like seeing people embarrass themselves. Izzy, Simon, and Carrot Head walked ahead and I looked back to see if Jace was the least bit bothered.

Alec and him stood side by side, even though Jace was tall Alec hovered a couple inches above him as they spoke in hushed whispers. "What's your problem with her, anyways?" He loves you, princess. "Your family used to always welcome strays."

I felt my blood boil, remembering how exactly I ended up with the Lightwoods. I was eight when brother Zachariah found me in my parents bedroom holding out a ballpoint pen, I was reading Percy Jackson at the time, ready to charge into battle and kill all the monsters. "Maybe they learned their lesson after they took me in." I scoffed as I brushed harshly past them.

"What the hell, Jace?" I herd Alec scold at the same time Jace began to call after me saying he didn't mean it about me. "Jessie, wait up." Alec called as he jogged away from Jace to keep up with me.

"I swear I'm going to put green hair die in his conditioner." Alec chuckled slightly as we caught up with the three that were ahead of us.

"I would pay to see that."

We now all stood in front of the door to the City of Bones. Carrot Head was staring at Jace waiting for her prince to tell her what to do, Jace was staring at me like he wanted to say something, Alec was calm and scanning the scenery, Izzy was looking worriedly at me knowing something was wrong, I was playing with my sleek silver bracelet that said Fideliter, everlasting loyalty in Latin, this weapon was enchanted to turn into whatever weapon I needed. This was all I had from my father, it had been passed down the Archfeild family for generations I'm sure he didn't know it turned into a weapon but I discovered it when I began my training.

"Surprise, surprise no mundanes allowed just like the training room, right? Wrong! I've seen every horror movie ever made, and the funny best friend who gets left behind, dead man." He stated with wide frantic eyes, a trait I've noticed most mundanes have. Maybe it was because a primitive feeling inside them told them they were defenseless.

"You're not that funny." Jace stated. "By all means go ahead. Of course the minuteyou enter you'll die."

"You see well now I don't trust you."

"Great then you're catching on." Isabelle sent me look as if say, not now. I rolled my eyes. What is it to us if the mundane dies? He shouldn't even be here. "He's not lying. He was in the institute, not now."

Simon looked at me with wide eyes. "And you didn't bother telling me?" He exclaimed.

I shrugged. "You questioned my book choice."

"The rune energy in the City of Bones will kill any mundane who dares enter." Way to darken the mood by like a thousand, Alec. "So, please go on."

I saw Simon hesitate, so I wrapped my arm around his. "I'll mind the mundane."

Jace's eyes darkened and he glared at Simon. "Since when do you and Izzy share?"

"Since always. Parabatis remeber?" I rolled my eyes only to be stopped by Izzy.