Blue PLATFORM Sandals

"She's taking too long." I spoke impatiently as I tapped my foot against the dirt. "Just let me go make sure she's fine." I asked for the hundredth time, and no this is not a hyperbole.

"The answer to that is going to be the same it was the last ninety nine times you asked." Meliorn rolled his eyes before smirking at me. "Jessie, you didn't have that when you escorted me to the City of Bones." He pointed at the base of my neck where my collar bone met the curve of my neck where a bruise had blossomed. Let me tell you Jace was about to be a lot less pretty after this. My cheeks flushed and thank the angel it was dark, otherwise I would've had to kill the witnesses.

"So, Seelies can't lie AND can't keep their nose out of other's business?" I cocked my head to the side innocently. Meliorn scowled but fell silent as I cradled my head in sudden pain. I've felt almost sick this entire journey and now the pain was getting worse.

"Mine, what's wrong?" Jace spoke just as he returned from patrolling the area. He quickly rushed forward to check for injuries only to find none. I knew there wouldn't be any, I already checked twice. Hell, I made Meliorn check.

"I don't know." I cringed still struggling through a horrible migraine. "I think, I think it's—" I stuttered as the pain migrated from my head to the rune inscribed on my left rib cage.

"Isabelle." Meliorn breathed out as he noticed where I held onto. We had the rune in the same spot so I wouldn't be surprised if Meliorn had seen it before. My heart dropped at the sound of her name but he was right it felt like something was tugging at my heart, like my own Parabatai rune was burning from my heart and through my flesh.

I nodded taking the pain before trying to control my shaking. Jace had wrapped his arms around me and at this point was taking the majority of my body weight but I managed to push myself away from him and onto my feet. "I-I have to call her." I already had the phone to my ear when Jace stopped me.

"I didn't know Sprint had coverage in a crazy Seelie forest that leads to another DIMENSION." He spoke sarcastically before pulling me into another hug. "She's going to be okay, Alec won't let anything happen to her."

"No I should be the one taking care of her, I have to." I cringed once again as my head got dizzy. It was painful but more like a broken heart, not physical pain. Like when you get done crying and feel all your resistance drain from you. Just then the ground under us shook, making Jace's hold on me tighten as a growl surrounded us. "What's going on?" I asked holding onto him to stabilize myself. Truthfully also because Jace's hold on me brought comfort to me.

"Opening the doorway to this dimension may not have been a good idea." Meliorn stood up from his spot on the ground where he had been "meditating" but let me tell you that guys hadn't stopped talking since we got here.

Jace set me down softly before stalking over to Meliorn, fists clenched. "On a scale from one to namaste, how screwed are we?" He growled.

"Demons are attracted to this dimension. It's defenseless and peaceful. They like chaos and havoc. On top of that both of you radiate just that." Geez that's just what a girl loves to hear. I rolled my eyes willing my bracelet to turn into a blade since a staff would require too much energy and getting ready.

"Alright pointy ears, looks like yoga time might be over." Jace spoke getting his blade ready as well. Meliron was already helping me off my feet, so I could defend him.

"So much for a Seelie knight." I rolled my eyes but got into a defensive stand. A tall slim creature pounced straight towards me seeming to appear out of thin air. I ducked but my blade was knocked out of my hands. Then, just to prove me wrong Meliorn reach into the soil beneath us and came out with three throw daggers. "Where the hell did you get those?" I exclaimed as Meliron pushed them into my arms.