Need Him

A very triggered Maryse was waiting for us as soon as we got to the institute. She looked a bit like the ox from Kung Fu. I have gone through years of extensive shadowhunter training in order to survive this form of life, however I still couldn't be both concerned and significantly terrified of that weird resemblance. I felt like we were ten years old again, Maryse scolding us for switching Robert's shaving cream with tooth paste. Interrogating us to see who's idea it had been. The pair of siblings with dark regal features, and the quick tongued little girl with challenging bright blue eyes, the only one missing was the blonde prince that could charm his way out of any situation. "What happened to you?" Maryse demanded, her tone hitting our low moods like a car.

"Better question, what didn't happen?" I snorted half heartedly. More out of habit than because I actually thought I was being funny.

She raised an eyebrow. "Well?"

"I got kidnapped," I sighed running a hand through my hair, "by a pack of werewolves that wanted the cup because Clarissa Fray and I decided to sneak out to find a lead. Jace and Alec got in a fight, Carrot's friend Luke became the new Alpha, and Jace ran off to ask the high warlock of Brooklyn for help with vegetable and mundane." I raised my eyebrows at her smiling. "Lovely day right?"

"Why are you two angry at each other?" She said emotionlessly pointing at Alec and I. How does she do that?

I took a step away from her slightly. "Are you sure you're not a vampire?"

"This isn't twilight." Alec responded with a frown.

Maryse scowled at us both giving us a whack under our heads. "Both of you behave." She scolded grabbing us by our forearms and dragging us into a meeting room. "Neither of you will be getting out until you sort out your problems. Distractions, are weaknesses, and weakness is destruction in this line of work." She told us cooly. Yeah, because it's not like I had the choice be a baker or anything. Before I could even so much as open my mouth Maryse shut the door and the faint click of the lock was herd.

"How will you even know when we're done?" I called out but the only response I got was the sound of heels clicking away from the door.

~to build a home

I rolled my eyes letting my arms fall limply to my sides. "She does realize we have steles right?" I told Alec.

He just looked around the room shuffling away awkwardly without meeting my eyes. "Would you risk making mom angry?"

I laughed a little, it was more of a nervous laugh but a laugh none the less. It helped regardless, humor always helps me ignore unpleasant things such as confrontations or when I need courage. "By the angel, no."

"We should just get this over with." Alec rolled his eyes leaning against the meeting table crossing his toned arms over his chest. I nod slightly but don't speak. "Well, what is?"

"I'm sorry." I tell him finally looking up to his multicoloured eyes. My arms falling limply to my sides. I could feel my bottom lip trembling and my eyes begin to water. But I don't cry. No, I don't cry. Please don't let this be one of my episodes. I could already feel my breathing beginning to fail.

"For?" He raised his eyebrows expectantly.

"I-I don't know Alec!" I yelled my panic of not having one of my episodes getting the better of me. I started to pace around the room pulling on my hair. "I'm sorry I kissed him okay?" I breathed out my breath coming out in gasps. Great, I am having an episode. The idea of Alec hating me was making me feel like the world was closing in on me. Yet, the thought of continuing to try and ignore my feelings and watching as Carrot head and Jace rode off into the sunset without me even expressing what I feel made me feel like I was going mad. I at least owned that to both of us.

"Wh-where's Jace!" I yelled feeling myself freak out. I couldn't remember where we were or where he had gone. And he was the only person who knew how to take me out of my panic attacks before they even begin. "Alec, where's Jace I need him!" I yelled making fists and beginning to hit the wall to get some form of pressure off my chest. "Alec I-I need him." I cried desperately finally letting the tears fall from my eyes. By now I was full on breaking everything I could get my hands on.

"Jessamine stop!" Alec called harshly. I could feel the panic in his voice. He dodged my fists that were pounding against the wall and grabbed me roughly by my shoulders slamming my back against the wall. "Look at me, Jessamine!" He told me sternly trying to get me to stop squirming.

"Where is he Alec?" I continued freaking out. "I need him." I cried looking at my big brother desperately.

Alec looked at me as if I was a broken doll that he didn't know how to fix and pulled me into a hug. Managing to properly contain me. I could feel his hot breath against my neck and I felt tears as well. I was still sobbing, my body racking with ragged breaths I managed to let out. I closed my eyes breathing Alec's comforting scent, of musk and pine needles. "I'm sorry, I-I need him too." I spoke quietly, finally saying what I felt out loud.

His hands clutched the back of my black leather, and he let out a breath as well. "I know Jessie. I know he needs you too. I think I've know ever since Jace laid eyes on you." I felt him glup as we were still pressed together, his face still buried in my hair. " I've know before either of you did," he nodded numbly, "and it's okay."

.

I cried while writing this.