Tea Spilling With Iz

Okay guys so for ages I'm thinking that since Clary is 18, Jace is 19/20, Milan is 18, and Jessamine is 17.

"What are you two doing here?"

He chuckled lightly, leaning nonchalantly against the bed in the nursing station. His black hair flopping over his equally black puppy eyes, a simple easy going smile on his pink lips. He could have fooled anyone. He looked like a any other high school senior, football player—no soccer player, the school's flirt, relatively smart, ready to be nominated Homecoming king. The only aspect of his appearance that gave insight to his real life were the runes inked onto nearly every inch of his arms. "Who are you Dory?" I rolled my eyes, pressing the alcohol drenched cotton to his cut roughly. "Ow!" He yelped in a voice much higher than his usual one.

Maryse had insisted (more like demanded) I helped Milan with his cut. I'm pretty sure she just wanted to get us alone and close to each other's faces. Ew. They really were pimping me out. Better me than Izzy. You know, now that I think about it they should have pimped out Jace. He would not have minded in the slightest. They had a large selection of children to chose from and they chose me of all people. I wouldn't have opposed to helping Milan regardless since I felt bad for nearly killing the poor kid. Plus I wasn't sure if I had cleaned my knives or not since last mission so I was really hoping Milan wouldn't drop dead anytime soon.

"That's what you got for comparing me to a blue fish with short term memory loss." A small grin came over his face as he looked down at me giving me a glance at his almost nonexistent double chin. Seriously, how fit do you have to be to have nearly no double chin! Stupid angel blood. "I doubt they would have sent Idris' two golden kids to simply supervise. Shouldn't you guys be spending your daddy's cash or touring Europe or something?"

He chuckled once again, then suddenly turned serious. A conflicted look coming over his eyes as he stared at me, he hesitated before speaking. "My father was promised the institute. And I was promis—" The door of the nursery bursted open, making Milan and I step away from each other. In my trance of listening to his real reason for being here we had ended up only inches apart, speaking in hushed whispers. Izzy stood in the middle of the doorway a mischievous smirk on her face that made me blush furiously.

"We have a mission kids." She sing songed already walking away.

I walked quickly into Izzy's extravagant room, throwing myself onto her swiveling chair, looking up at the ceiling. "Are you dressing to impress?" I heard her knowing voice call from her dressing screen.

"If I wasn't I'd be asking Carrot to borrow clothes not you."

Her giggle followed. "Come on Clary doesn't dress that bad."

I looked at her with an unimpressed face. "She had a brown leather messenger bag and a Sherek green tank top on yesterday."

"Okayyyyy—but that's not important." Izzy concluded with a clap of her hands. Already scrimmaging through her second walk through closet. Yeah, I said second. "What happened with Jace earlier?" I froze, the image of Clary and Jace locking lips flashing in my mind once again. I had momentarily forgotten about that with everything that was going on. "I'm sorry Jessie." Izzy gave me a sympathetic smile as she came to stand in front of me.

I shrugged, sitting up. "Nothing happened." I lied, remembering how only two nights ago Jace and I had kissed even more passionately than them. That's how long it took him to move on. I'm aware that I told him to, but if that's how fast he got over that night then it really didn't mean anything to him. I felt myself frown against my own will. Feeling tears brim my eyes. Oh by the angel, I am not crying over a boy anymore while the fate of the world as we know it is at stake.