Jace's Tantrum

show me your demons and i might show you mine

My vision was red. I always thought it was just an expression but the last clear thing I saw were Jessamine's watery blue eyes as she tried to explain herself and then everything was red. I couldn't think of anything as my blood pounded in my ears and angry tears fell. Why was I crying?

I hadn't cried since I was nine. Now I was crying over a girl who wasn't even mine. A girl who had grown up with me the same as Alec and Izzy had. Who had made me sing along to a High School Musical with her when she was twelve, who's hair I got gum stuck in easily twenty times, who dragged me to countless shitty concerts. She was always there laughing loudly, smirking proudly, rebellious chestnut brown hair flying around wildly. Yet, she was never mine and she made it perfectly clear that she would never be but hearing her say that she was engaged sent me in a spiral.

I was storming out of the institute, feeling like I had to be anywhere but here before a small raven haired girl intercepted me. She looked utterly unimpressed as she crossed her arms over her chest, blocking my way out. "Leaving?" She spoke softly while raising an eyebrow at me. "I'm not surprised." She scoffed as I came face to face with her.

"Excuse me?"

She shrugged, flipping her long straight hair over her shoulder. "Nothing, just that for someone who goes around claiming they're the greatest shadowhunter you give up on things you love way too easily."

A glare came over my face as I stared down at her. "Jessamine is a person not a thing." A small smile quirked on her red lips. "There's nothing I can do, okay? She's made her choice." I spoke harshly, while going to move around her. It was true, Jessamine made her choice and I would never make her do something she doesn't want to. Even if I tried Mine is too strong to let anyone control her.

"She's too stubborn for her own good." She spoke quickly as she intercepted me.

"You're her parabati, talk some sense into her." I demanded as Izzy rolled her eyes at me. Under other circumstances Isabelle probably would have beat me to a pulp for raising my voice at her.

"You don't think I tried that? Look Jace, I get that you're mad. What she's doing it-it's insane." Izzy stuttered out while running a hand through her hair in frustration. I just now realized how hard this is for her, by the angel Jessamine's her parabati and she was watching her get engaged at seventeen, basically throwing her life away. "You can't just leave, we're a team. Or is that how little you care about her?" Isabelle spoke softer now, her eyes widening.

I scoffed pulling at my hair in frustration. "You know that's not true."

"Fine. Then stay." She crossed her arms over her chest once again, staring me head on. The soft tone she was using switching instantaneously to a fierce one. I sighed opening my mouth to agree only for Isabelle to waltz right past me. "Look," she nodded her head towards the surveillance cameras. "this is insane we have to put a stop to this." She spoke as we watched a crew of shadowhunters interrogate Meliorn and a few others that showed rooms in the institute.

"Yeah no kidding why do they just have cameras in our rooms what if I'm..."

"Jerking off?" A soft voice spoke from behind us. I recognized it instantly it was quiet and soft but not obnoxiously high like that of most girls. It matched her dainty angel like appearance perfectly but never her comments or her personality. Izzy and I both turned to see a brooding Alec and Jessamine with her hair messy and eyes still puffy from crying. She was wearing a black oversized knit sweater that was fashionably tucked into tight leather pants, and if I wasn't as angry as I am I would've already been comforting her because she looked so sad.