Spring Rolls

"Izzy what's happening?" She opened up her mouth to speak only for me to cut her off. "What's really happening?"

She closed her eyes as if bracing herself, taking my arm and leading me into an empty hallway. The entire institute was swarming after a forsaken broke into it and attacked my brother. Fuck Hodge apparently because everyone and their mom was swarming Alec and his wounded shoulder. "The forsaken?" She explained and I nodded along. "It had traces of angel blood in it." She whispered.

"What?" I yelled, my eyes nearly popping out of my head which only resulted in Izzy shushing me. "Angel as in, the little creatures that help god?" I whisper yelled to which Izzy nodded quickly. "As in Santa's elves but for Jesus? As not Angel the guy that sells hotdogs in central park?"

"Yes, Jessie all of those." She spoke freaking out as much as me.

"Have you called Magnus yet?" I asked suddenly remembering that I had been trained to deal with situations like this. So much for going all Rambo.

Izzy nodded, hooking my arm in hers as we began walking back to the crowd. "Of course, he's working on a protection spell right now."

"Hey Iz," I stopped us before we made it to the crowd. "I wanted to let you know before we told anyone..." I trailed off.

"Yes?" Isabelle nodded her eyes trained on me, giving me her undivided attention. How was she going to react? She's my parabati her opinion means everything to me, she's never not supported me but I've also never gotten married to a complete stranger before.

"Um," I gulped giving her arm a light squeeze. "Isabelle, Milan asked me to marry him."

"What?" She yelled her eyes going as wide as saucers.

"And I agreed." I cringed waiting for her next out burst. When nothing followed I looked up at her. She was just watching my with her
mouth open. Uh oh, I think I broke my parabati. "Hey Iz?" I waved my hand in front of her face.

"Do you love him?"

"What?" I scrunched my nose up. "No."

"Then why? Jessamine you're so young." She pleaded which only made my heart feel like a bag of Hot Cheetos that got ran over twice. "Is it because of Jace... because if it is I swear I'm going to beat your—"

"No!" I rushed much faster than I should have. "Maryse and Robert, they're losing the institute. I have to do something."

My parabati shook her head, taking my hands in hers. "No, Jessie if anything Alec and I have to do something. We're their children, you're too young." She rushed out sporadically.

I laughed, tucking a piece of her hair behind her ear. "Izzy, it's finally my chance to repay the Lightwoods for taking me in all those years ago. Plus," I added, forcing a grin to creep up to my lips. "Milan's kind of hot." I giggled despite the nerves that I've been having since I agreed. Izzy began to laugh, pulling me into a hug.

"I love you Jessie." She mumbled as we hugged. "And I'm always going to be here you know that? Even if I disagree with what you're doing, you're throwing your entire life away and-and it isn't my parents life to ruin just to keep the institute."

I smiled hugging her even tighter. "I love you too Iz, but this is something I have to do."

Isabelle and I strutted over to where the rest of the institute was gathered. I reached Milan who was waiting for me, taking his cold hand in mine and feeling nothing. Completely numb as we stepped up to the stage like area that was conveniently located in the center of the briefing room. I guess we're not the only one's who like making big dramatic announcements.