Fighter

"I know the whole street style is in right now but this is a bit much." I stated in distaste as we stood inside a warehouse with broken wooden crates and tagging all over the walls. Not to mention it smelled like trash.

Izzy cracked a smile knowing that I was kidding, but Jace sent me a look. "It's warlock glamour." He told Carrot Head.

"This is wrong." My parabati frowned while looking around."

"I agree. The smiley face on the wall ruins the whole sketchy lair vibe." I said pointing to the wall.

"Huh, I didn't even notice that." Carrot Head said before shaking her head. "Nevermind that, what's wrong?"

I sighed. As much as it caused me agony to admit, she was right. "This is too easy. We shouldn't be able to get this close." My blue eyes scaned the senery for any indication of Warlock barriers.

Alec also sighed and turned to face Carrot Head. He pointed a finger at her and opened his mouth. "You, don't get in the way." And here I was thinking he would say something important.

I placed a hand on Alec's shoulder and began to walk away with him. As much as I love fighting alongside my parabati investigating with Alec is a more investigating the case and not my love life. Which is basically nonexistent since I have no heart. "We both know thats not possible."

Before we could go very far we herd grunting and quickly turned back to see one of Valentine's minions stabing a warlock. Sadly, that was a normal sentence for me to say.

"Valentine found Magnus!" Carrot head shouted and we all ran to the man.

"Daddy, get up please." A girl ran to the fallen warlock and tried to wake him up. In the mist of her failed attempt to get her dad to wake up a Valentine's minion walked up behind her with a Seraph blade in his hands. Carrot Head rushed in front of her and kicked the man away.

"Clary Fairchild, Valentine will be so pleased to meet you." The bald man clad in all black said. His voice was raspy and I'd bet five bucks it wasn't actually like that. He approached her and Jace flew down from next to me on top of the railings and kicked the man away from Carrot. I sighed before also dropping down and slashing deep in his shoulder blade with one of daggers I had hidden in my bra. Don't judge me, other girls hide money in there.

The man crippled to the ground. "Thanks for that." Carrot Head breathed out looking at Jace with big awestruck eyes.

Jace winked at her. "Anytime." That got my blood boiling for some reason. Why did he encourage this damsel in distress behaviour?

I rolled my eyes. "Not like I did anything." I walked up to the girl who just lost her father and gave her a hug. "I'm so sorry." I truly ment that. Maybe if I hadn't been joking around when we got here we would've noticed the intruders. Maybe we could've helped. "Come on, let's find somewhere safe to go." I smiled softly as I led her carefully into the dark pathways while she hugged my waist tightly.

"Bingo." I cheered softly as we entered a room where Alec, Magnus, and a couple warlocks were moving around. The girl let go of me as she ran to go hug Magnus.

"Go join the others my dear." Magnus told the girl. She ran to hug me one more time.

I looked down at her and smiled softly. "I'm so sorry." My voice cracked. I could've done more. I could've kept a little girl from suffering what Jace and I went through. "I- ah just be strong okay?" She nodded a little, as a tear streamed down her face. "Here." I said pulling a silver dagger from the side of my romper. "You're going to be a fighter, kid." She held her head up high and nodded before going with the others like Magnus told her.

"You're just like Zelie, you know." Magnus said while walking up to me. "She was a bit meaner I suppose, but you've got that Archfeild Flame in your eyes. If you're as much like her as I think, you've got it in your heart too."

I looked at him weirdly. "I really don't know who you're talking about."

He smiled knowingly at me. "She was the most amazing woman I've ever met. My first real friend. Tonight you changed the life of a little girl."

I shook my head sadly. "For worse. I could've saved her dad."

Magnus frowned, frustration coming over his face. "I could've saved him too. If I hadn't gone to look for the stupid necklace. There's a lot of things anyone could've done to save him, but no one chose to save the little girl exept you."

I frowned my eyebrows in confusion. "Carrot Head saved her, not me."

He smiled once again. Something about that smile made me trust what he said. "She kept her from dying, but you kept her alive. Do you know how many kids are completely shattered after their parents die?" Better than he could ever imagine. "Especially when they see the cold bloody fallen body of their parent right in front of them. You kept that light in her heart."

I laughed humorlessly. "I gave her a dagger."

"No, you gave her a hug."

"Magnus, please I need your help." Carrot Head's pleading voice called out from behind us. "This war has to end. Help me get my memories back."

A flash of annoyance flickered on Magnus' features before he sighed. "Very well I'll do it as a thanks for your heroic act, Jessamine. I will summon the memory demon but you must make the command." He told Carrot Head strictly, who just nodded in return.