Baby Carrots

Little carrot head woke up after Jace left and hit her head against Isabelle. "I don't know you." She stated looking around the room, her green eyes were wide and frantic like a deer.

I rolled my eyes. "No shit Sherlock." Look at me using mundane references.

Isabelle sent me a look that said be nice, I pouted and crossed my arms over my chest. "I'm Isabelle, this is the ever so sweet Jessamine Archfeild," She told carrot head her voice dripping in sarcasm. "and that's my brother Alec." Izzy looked at carrot head for little bit before continuing. "I've never seen Jace so interested in a mundane before."

It was Alec's turn to roll his eyes. "Or distracted."

"Or horny. Oh never mind he's always like that." I smiled innocently and placed my hands on my lap.

Izzy couldn't help but smile at my middle schooler antics, and Alec full on grinned. She tried to keep her straight face as she continued. "As you can see distraction in our line of work are dangerous."

"I have no idea what you're talking about. Who's Jace?" The guy you're going to fall deeply in love with and dream about having little baby carrots with.

I snorted and grinned at the girl probing my elbows on my knees and resting my head in my hands. "You really don't know much do you?"

She looked at me and cocked her head to the side, mirroring my position. "You're the girl who asked me about my boots."

I grinned cockily at Izzy. "I told you she was my favorite."

Carrot head shook her head slightly, as if to clear her thoughts. "All I know is some psycho took my mother and now you people have taken me."

I smirked at her amusedly. "Oh sweetheart, nobody wants you here except maybe Jace, but after you two have a little fun he'll throw you away." I winked and leaned back against the desk. I could feel Izzy smirk at me as Jace walked in.

"A mundane shouldn't even be here." Alex stated as soon as he layed eyes on his parabati.

Carrot head gave Alec a look that sent my blood boiling. No one and I mean no one looks at my grumpy cat Alec like that. "And where is here exactly?"

"She's one of us." Jace informed and I felt the pancake I had earlier make it's way up my throat. No, no way was carrot head a shadowhunter. She had been awake for less than five minutes and I already wanted to strangle her, I couldn't put up with her for the rest of my life.

"How do you know that?"

"The seraph blade lit up when she held it. Look I'll show you. Izzy can you-" Jace didn't get to finish because Izzy got up allowing him to sit. He sat next to me and scooted closer. "I'm Jace Wayland." He told carrot head.

I fluttered my eyelashes and grinned. "I'm Jessamine Archfeild, nice to meet you." Jace glared at me and turned back to the girl.

She stared at him with wide eyes like she just saw an angel. Huh, I guess she did. I knew this girl would fall for Jace's blonde hair and bright eyes, a prince out of a fairy tale wrapped in leather. "I'm uh-"

"Carrot head." I whispered and she nodded stupidly.

"Yeah I'm carrot head." I turned my head and let my hair fall over my face to hide my smile.

Jace snapped his head to look at me and glared once again. "Clary Fray we know who you are."

"Am I the only one who finds this unusual?" Alec asked.

I poked Clary's cheek and grinned. "I find it odd but I'm amused. She's like a chinchilla."

"And besides you find everything unusual, Alec." Izzy stated at the same time as me and we grinned at each other.