Puppies (and not the cute kind)

"No offense but this seems like a waste of my time." The love birds turned to look at me and I rolled my eyes. "I'm just saying it's not like we need two shadowhunters to run in and grab a mundane."

"I'm a shadowhunter too." Carrot Head glared at me." To which I only smiled sweetly.

"Being a shadowhunter takes hard work and sacrifice, sweetheart." I strutted past them to where I thought an entrance might be. Like I previously said I sneak into Vampire laires for fun, I like the rush. I can't stay still for long enough I'm not satisfied with a peaceful life. That's why Jace and I bonded so much we're both much too reckless to be normal shadowhunters, the urge for chaos is in both of our veins, and quite honestly it scares me. I popped the entrance to the the lair open. Jace jumped in first, it was dark so I couldn't  see him, but I knew he landed perfectly. I saw Carrot Head hesitate, now was really not the time for her to chicken. We were here because of her. I rolled my eyes knowing I was going to regret encouraging her later. "Go on Carrot, Jace'll catch you. I promise."

She looked at me hesitantly before she nodded and jumped in. I knew the promise of her prince being there would be enough to make her jump. Without another thought I jumped in landing softly on my feet. To the side stood Jace with his arms around Carrot Head, she was staring at him with big grass green eyes and Jace had just broken eye contact with her to look at me. I smirked a little at Jace's attention being on me. Boom bitch. "Let's go we've got a nerd to rescue." I said strutting past them my finger tips brushing along Jace's forearms that were wrapped around Carrot Head's waist. I could feel him staring at me as we walked through the old dusty bottom floor, vampires always sleep on the top floors they love suites, but don't we all. I lead them to the east fire stair exit and made my way up quietly.

From the corner of my eye I saw Carrot Head send Jace a questioning look. "How do we know this is the right way?"

Jace and I looked at each other trading smirks. Carrot Head looked in between us with what I thought was jealousy. She might be new and intriguing, but Jace and I are legends we have history. From the very beginning everyone knew we were going to be special. "She sneaks in on her free time."

"Why?"

"I like a thrill." Was all I said before continuing to lead them to the room where they usually kept their toys. It was a large elegant room the only colours in it were black, white, silver, and purple, how vampireish of them.

There on a velvet purple loveseat sat Simon. Elbows resting on his knees head gripped by his skinny long fingers looking like he was about to have a break down. "Simon." Carrot Head gasped and ran towards Simon hugging him. If she wasn't so annoying I would have thought it was kind of cute. "Let's go Izzy and Alec are waiting for us outside, so we can go back to the institute."

"No I'm not going back there. I'm done with all these games." Simon told Carrot Head dead serious,

"I'm going to kill him." Jade growled. We were both standing slightly outside the room giving the two best friends space.

I rolled my eyes and sent Jace an annoyed look at how dramatic he was being which he enthusiastically returned. I placed my small hand on his in an attempt to calm him down. "Oh calm down, incredible hulk we both know Carrot Head will manipulate him into coming with us."

It seemed to work because Jace sent me an arrogant smirk that was much too contagious. "I am incredible. Aren't I? And beautiful don't forget beautiful."

"Yeah, yeah absolutely radiant. Now behave they're coming." As they were walking towards us I felt a gust of wind move my hair, but we were inside and there was no air conditioning, sadly because as hot as leather made you look it made you sweat just as much. I turned around and shot one of the dangers from the grave at the source. It hit a vampire and he instantly disintegrated.

"A simple request for personal space would have been enough, Hermosa." A raspy voice with a Spanish accent teased. By the angel, his voice was probably the hottest thing about him. I looked up to see Raphel now standing next to the dead vampire. A small amused smile was playing on his rosy lips his two little white fangs were poking out a little and he was dressed it a tailored suit that fit his toned body perfectly. Nevermind the voice was not the hottest thing.

Jace stepped a little closer to me and grabbed the sleeve of my leather jacket stepping in front of me. Guess what I did? You probably guessed it, I rolled my eyes.  "We're not looking for problems we just want to take the mundane and leave. He's kind of Carrot Head's puppy, and she's kind of  Jace's puppy, so we can't leave either of them... unfortunately." I said as an after thought.

I bit my lip and looked up at Raphael, who only continued to look at me amusedly. He shrugged and clapped his hands together. "You could've just said so."

Both Jace and I sent him a look. "I did say that." Jace stated.

"Oh you did, but she didn't." Raphael looked from Jace to me. I knew he was just doing this to piss him off, but I was enjoying it. "It sounds much better coming from her mouth. Come on, Hermosa this is the way." Raphael told me beginning to walk away. Jace looked at me and I shrugged. Then, we began to follow Raphael out.

We got to the end of the stairs that lead up to the roof where Izzy and Alec were waiting for us, perfect timing. They all went out and I turned to look at Raphael. "Why are you really doing this?"

"Some vampires are done living under Camille's reign."