Turning Into the Joker

I walked down the halls of the institute still in my pajamas my hair was up in a messy bun. As soon as I woke up I washed my face and brushed my teeth before shuffling towards Carrot Head's room half asleep. I know I'm crying on the inside too, but I felt bad about letting Carrot's memories be gone  forever.

Knock. Knock. The door creaked open, but Carrot Head was still laying on her bed looking depressed. I rolled my eyes. "That's not creepy at all."

She looked up and glared at me wipping under her eyes. I bit back a comment and lazily sprawled on a little plush armchair that was pushed against the wall. "Are you here to apologize?"

I couldn't help it, I rolled my eyes blue eyes. "I don't apologize." I glared at her. She shifted her eyes from my gaze and I huffed. If Jace was here she wouldn't have been able to bite her tongue, but since we're alone she was scared. "Let's make it very clear that this isn't an apology. I'm not sorry for saving Jace's life, he's my family," That stupid word again, "and I'll do anything to protect him. I'd lose your memories again in a heart beat for him, Izzy, or Alec. However, know how fucked up losing a parent is."

Carrot Head's eyes widened. "I-I had no idea."

"Yeah most people just asume I'm an pasty Lightwood." I shrugged refering to my pale skin. "Anyways, as much I hate your mother and dislike you I'm going to help you get her back since I lost your memories." I said nonchalantly.

"Weren't you already helping me?"

"No my team was helping I just tagged along to make sure they didn't get hurt, but I promise you'll get your mom back." I finished with a sigh. I really hated being nice to people that annoy me. The fact that we were having this talk in the morning when I'm the grumpiest wasn't helping either.

Carrot leaped up from her bed and pulled me into a hug. I stepped back but she kept on hugging. "Thank you." She whispered.

I patted her back awkwardly. "This doesn't mean we're friends, and I'm not going to refrain from roasting you."

Carrot laughed. "I know." Then she pulled away.

She looked like she wanted me to stay and talk but I began walking away. "See you later, Carrot Head." I threw a peace sign up in the air before leaving.

Then, I barged into Izzy's room jumping on her bed. "Wake upppppp." I groaned laying on her dramatically like I had been shot in the chest. "The cowboys I-I've been hit." I croaked in faux pain.

Izzy only shoved me off her and hugged me with her eyes still closed. "Shut up and go to sleep." She'd grown a lot fonder of me barging into her room over the years. I used to barge into Alec's room when we were younger and sometimes she would already be there so she would pull my hair when Alec wasn't looking to get me to leave. Which then resulted in me biting her and Alec to get us both in trouble.

"But sun's awake so I'm awake." I recited Anna from Frozen expertly.

"What is it with you and Frozen?" She mumbled koala hugging me. I pushed away half heartedly. If you haven't notice I'm not too big on body contact unless it had to do with me punching someone or flirting.

"Izzy? Do you want to build a snowman?"

"Shut it, Jessie."

"Or ride our bikes around the house?"

"We don't have bikes."

"But we do have a training room." At that she opened her eyes, I knew that'd get her attention. She was one of the most promising shdowhunters of our generation, her and I had made history with how well we fought together during battle. "Ok let me change."