Knock on Wood

But she's a modern lover. it's an exploration, she's made of outer space. and her lips are like the Galaxy's edge.
-arctic monkeys

I woke to a bright light breaking through the peaceful darkness I was in

I woke to a bright light breaking through the peaceful darkness I was in. Wait darkness? I always dream, and there's never light in my room I literally have two layers of black curtains so I could sleep for an entire day if I felt like it. Which I always do. I squinted at the light and sat up groggily. A groan came from my side and an arm snaked around my hips a hard body shuffling closer to me, it's temperature much much hotter than my cold skin. Hold up again, cold? i looked down at my body and let out a gasp. I was only wearing the lace bodysuit. My jeans, jacket and heels were thrown in different directions of the room. The room, it was perfect with random gadgets and weights here and there along with a big pristine black book shelf with old 19th century literature.

I realized where I was instantly and groaned. Throwing myself back to lay on the bed. Fan freaking tastic! I remember now. "Ushdjeb!" A muffled shout screeched through the room and I instantly sat right back up. "Jeez Mine, I think you just disfigured my head!" Jace groaned rolling to his side of the bed and cradling his head.

"You were on my side." I huffed crossing my arms over my chest.

"This is my bed! They're both my sides." He pouted while he massaged his head, sitting up. "I'll share it with you if you want, beautiful." He smirked leaning forward giving me a peck on my lips.

I all but got whiplash snapping my head back as soon as he pulled away. "What are you doing?" I frowned, wanting to punch myself right there and then. Sure, Jessamine first kiss the guy and then leave! "We were drunk, neither of us knew what we were doing." I frowned scooting away and beginning to get up to recover my clothing that was scattered across the room. I turned to glance at him in the midst of pulling up my jeans only to see that he looked like I had killed his puppy.

He noticed me staring and shrugged, his eyes going hard as they met mine and he rolled them. Also getting up, with only a pair of gray sweatpants hanging dangerously low on his hips. Wait, if he changed then I was I still wearing with itchy lace? That fucker, no wonder I'm doing a hit and run. Well, not really because we didn't have sex but still. I don't have time for this! Why am I even talking to myself?

"Look Jace, I'm sorry but I— this isn't good for any of us." I cringed at my lame apology and rolled my eyes. "Just go find Carrot Head, even that revolting relationship has a better chance at happening okay? It's not you... honestly it's not me either. It's Robert, and right now that sounds weird" I scrunched my nose up, this is the most awkward one night stand talk ever. Guess that's why they call it a hit and run, because you're not suppose to talk! Ugh, I'm so dumb.

The worst part is we live together! Not like I can avoid this confrontation for long, so might as well get it over with. "You'll understand what I mean soon." I finished trying to explain what was happening because honestly I was still in denial of all that had happened in the last twenty four hours.