Climbing a Fire Escape, How Fun!

I got tired of waiting for him so, we decided to meet Simon halfway there. He was pacing behind and building that was covered in graffiti. Carrot head insisted it was a short cut and I believed her. This was her turf and unlike her I wasn't going to waltz in acting like I owned the place.

Carrot head ran to hug Simon, her same damsel in distress face coming over her. I'm beginning to think it's not really an act and that she genuinely thinks she's Fiona from Sherek. Actually, Fiona was a badass I take that back. "Thank you for being here." She whispered against Simon's ear, and he looked like the happiest man on Earth, that idiot. I guess Carrot and Simon would be an okay couple but I feel like Carrot would always be underappreciative of him. She would always want someone like Jace but Simon is great just the way he is.

"You don't need to do this alone." He said closing his eyes as they embraced.

Alec and I strutted in nonchalantly as if on que. "Oh but she's not she has our lovely escort." I told him in an British voice. 

Simon smiled at me before turning to look at Carrot again. "It's not who we are."

"Are you sure your up for this?"

Simon shrugged. "It's just a cold, not the end of the world." I narrowed my blue eyes at him. We would have to talk about this whole turning situation privately before I told Carrot. I'll do it as soon as the mission is over.

"The world's been ending for a thousand years you get used to it."

"Yeah but apparently you can't get used to mundanes." I joked but still laughed at Alec's pessimistic comment. I know I'm everywhere and very talkative but I swear Alec is my spirit animal.

"We need to move." I told them anxious to talk to Simon alone.

"My mom's loft is just across the alley." Carrot pointed.

"Yeah, well we have to be careful. There's eyes all over this place. Everyone in the shadow world is looking for you." Alec explained and for once I agreed the faster we get this done the better. Especially since we have one more dead weight to take care of now that Simon was here. When it's the team we work a lot better, but neither Alec nor I can stand Carrot Head. So, this was a challenge.

"I guarantee you no one's going to find this shortcut. I used to take it back in middle school to see Clary." Simon said.

I scrunched up my nose in digust. "Ew, why'd you put that image in my head?"

Alec nodded. "Yeah, no one wants to hear that. Or imagine it."

Carrot Head's eyes widened in shock but Simon continued talking. "You might know the shadow world but trust me I know Brooklyn." Simon smiled confidently.

"But yet you didn't know there was a high warlock of Brooklyn." I countered yet motioned for him to lead the way. "Come on." He smiled adorably at me before jumping the fence without even climbing it. He was too precious to become a vampire.

"We're following a mundane now?" Alec told me and I shrugged before fliping over the fence without even using my hands.

"Ever thought of joining the Olympics?" Simon asked amazed.

I laughed leaning against him in a friendly manner. "I think it would count as cheating." Then followed Carrot with the help of Mr. Salty.

We walked for a few minutes. Alec and I followed behind them. "Do you have your weapons?" Alec asked me.

I nodded and pulled out a throwing knife twirling it around my fingers as easily as breathing. "Yes, but I could take them out without weapons too." I told him, arrogance ran in my blood. I just felt it when Raphael told me a little bit about Zelie Archfeild.

"You have to be careful, these guys are trained assassins."

"Essentialy so are we. Plus anything for the sake of the mission rember?" Sometimes I doubted if what we were doing was the right thing, but I knew for a fact that what Valentine was doing was wrong and I remember my family the Lightwoods and kept on going.

Carrot Head and Simon happily climbed the fire escape and I was just waiting for Alec's comment about it. "Climbing fire escapes excites mundanes, I'll never understand these people." He told me loudly before pushing past them and I snickered.

Then Clary stopped at the back of her mother's loft. "Wow I don't rember it like this."

I frowned looking at the protection runes on the wall. "Protection runes from a warlock." I told her glancing around the perimeter to make sure it was safe before stepping to get a closer look.

"Dot." Clary nodded following behind me.

"They've been here for a while by the looks of it, years." Alec told her also stepping forward.

"The only differnce is now I can actually see them."

"Yo Clary what are all these tags?" Simon asked and Alec, Carrot, and I looked at him in confusion.

"You can see them?" Alec asked at the same time I said, "Yo? Simon the gangster now?"

Simon blushed before addressing Alec. "Yeah, kind of hard to miss."

"This should be invisible to most mundanes." I explained and Carrot Head's frown deepened.

"When did you get the sight?" Alec asked and I wanted to smack him upside the head for not putting together the peices. I stayed quite however, this wasn't the time.  I tuned them out when Simon started flirting with Carrot Head as an attempt to stop myself from throwing up at Simons "skills." 

Then I saw Carrot head trying to open the door. "Here let me try." Simon said and literally broke the door off. Oh no, this is worse than I thought. Alec frowned and looked at me and I nodded. Confirming I was thinking the same thing. Carrot head didn't seem even take back by this and stepped in. "After you." He told me like a well mannered nine year old and I smiled before following behind Carrot.

"After me." I herd Simon tell Apec and I could already imagine all the ways Alec wanted to kill Simon.