Far Eyes

If there's anything you should know about werewolves is that they're antisocial. They're like those cliques of weird kids at school that only have like two friends and won't talk to anyone else but them. They know they're weird and they're totally fine with it. Usually I love those kind of people because they're both challenging and not as annoying as others. Right now though, I want nothing else but to rip all of their heads off. "Would you just give me some god damned food!" I whined throwing my head back rocking my chair back and forth. I lasted free a whopping 15 minutes before they all launched at me. Greedy little fuckers holding me down some in their wolf form baring their fangs at me taunting me to even try running. This wasn't a surprise to anyone, I was in their layer, surrounded by about ten wolves, waiting for their leader to come find me. They were going to trap me sooner or later. The wolves ignored me going back to their game of cards. "We're literally in a Chinese restaurant just give me some noodles!" I growled glaring right into the eyes of a guy about my age. He had nice chocolate brown hair and big naive hazel eyes, and perfect olive skin. My perfect kind of victim. "Please," I said softly letting my hair settle on my shoulder softly framing my face. His eyes softened and he opened his mouth. Hm, that was easier than I tho-"I swear to god if you open your mouth to suggest we give her food you're washing the dishes for the next year." A tall slender man with curly brown hair and a stubble beard on his face growled walking through the door. Along sides him a man of similar built only he looked like the poster child for your average white cop.

I grinned, this was going to be fun. "Took you two long enough. I've been waiting for hours to get interrogated." I groaned pretending to be bored, well I wasn't quite pretending I was bored. But hey I'd rather be bored than dead. They sat down calmly, ignoring me. I mentally rolled my eyes, please I was raised by Maryse and Robert I was used to getting ignored. At least when I wanted something, but god forbid I broke another record because they would throw a party to celebrate the Lightwood name. "Or is it torture?" I pouted like a little kid. "Are you classy like that?"

The white want to be cop gave me a humorless smile his icy blue eyes burning holes through me. Through my forehead to be exact because his eyes were a little too far apart. "Are you looking at me or the two guys besides me?" I asked looking on either of my sides with a cheesy smile.

"Funny," he quipped nodding towards me. "Must be why your friends left you." Well, fuck if you're going to throw that much shade you might as well throw the whole tree.

I froze, my smile faltering. "They didn't leave me." They would never purposely leave me, we're family.

The curly haired brunette looked between us worriedly. "Jessamine, right?"

I smiled and shook my head. "Who?"

"Jessamine Lightwood, that's your name."

"My name's Maria Leblac." I frowned in feigning confusion.

"Your had your license when Nadia searched you." He dead panned clearly done with my games. Yeah, that's right I have a license. I know shocking. People never actually expect for my have passed my driving test since I drive like the joker on crack.

I swallowed looking him in the eyes. "Then you should know it's Archfeild."

"Yes, why not Lightwood?" He asked interested folding his hands on top of the table. Great they're playing good cop bad cop now!

"Why do you care?"

"We don't but I suggest you answer the questions before my Alpha loses his patience." He replied with a worried edge to his voice. As if he really didn't want me to get in trouble. Weird.

"You sided with Valentine, I don't respond to anyone who violates the accords." I responded narrowing my eyes at him speaking like Maryse had taught me, all the years of shady comments helping me once again. Also fed up with his games. They were both our enemies regardless of weather one was "polite" or the other a bitch. Plus when did I answer to anyone.

"Where's Clary Fairchild?" Far Eyes hissed venom flowing from his lips just as easily as words. He didn't ask me if I knew her, or if I knew where she was, he knew I know where she is and that I had some sort of association with her.

"Where's Jocelyn Fairchild?" I asked cooly not letting my temper or my fear get in the way, trying to keep my eyes as indifferent as possible. My family was my weak spot and now Carrot was our charge.

"Why do you care?"
The dirty blonde "alpha" mocked back but I could clearly see I was testing his patience with every question swerved.

"I'm going through way too much trouble to find this lady so when we do get her. And we will, I want a turn to go off on her." By the angel you have no idea how many names I have for the lady that's responsible for Carrot Head. I swear if she decides to parade around the institute like a war hero I'll throw her back to Valentine myself. Okay, maybe that's a little much. But hey her daughter makes me want to go all birdbox on myself by how much she annoys me, I can't imagine meeting the woman that raised her.

"You're not gonna talk are you?" The brunette narrowed his eyes looking like he gave up on trying to save my ass and was now simply enjoying watching me dig my own grave.

"Oh I can talk all you want." I smiled innocently cocking my head to the side. "Do you guys know the name of the first dog to be sent to space?"

The blonde cop was so done with me that all of a sudden he reached across the table and slammed his fist against the side of my face. It knocked my head forward and I could taste hot metallic liquid slowly pouring out of the corner of my lip. "Ready to talk?" He smirked menacingly at me.

I moved my jaw around getting the sting off. "Who needs lip injections when I could just get punched by a coward for free." I smirked back sarcastically. "Untie me and then let's see how tough you are." I growled fighting against my restraints.

Before he could respond a loud sound of crashing came from outside and several wolves ran out. Mr. Whitey gestured for two men twice my size to throw me back to the prison/ freezer looking place I was in.