Chapter 1: The Hana Mark

____________________

The Hana mark is an evidence that one is chosen rightfully by the spirit that lived within Genji clan; that they call "spirit fox". They are spirit upholding powers that can improve one's strength 5 folds. They are powerful indeed, but only a few of them are chosen to receive such gift, it is the spirit fox itself that chooses who will be their vessel.

Misuto and Desu was hoping they'd be lucky enough to get a spirit fox to approach his last born. As he watch a priestess cast a seal on the newborn baby, waiting for a response.

💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮

Years have passed, and Ayana have grown into a small girl, a bright and cheery one, who always wears a smile on her face. However, the path along her way would seem to try and destroy her brightness. as she stays innocent on this world, the more she will be not ready of what's ahead of her.

One day she was with her friends on the forest, playing the old hide-and-seek, while Ayana was hiding, she was met by a person in cloak, surprising her. As Ayana look around, she thought the person was quite creepy, until the person took off their hood and appeared to be an old woman, there she gave Ayana a smile on the face, trying to ease her.

Old woman: Hello there, little child.

Ayana: Oh h-hi, miss old lady...what can I do for you?

Old woman: Are you familiar with who I am?

Ayana: Uhhh...I...I'm sorry, I am not familiar...

Old woman: It's alright, but, perhaps you could help me with my research, it's just a small question and answer, so you don't have to be afraid of me. I'm just a one curious poor old lady that have seen the weird mark on your neck.

There was a short pause, Ayana was surprised that the elder was curious of the mark she has on her neck, she herself isn't fully aware of what it was, but as she remembers, it was a special gift to her that makes her more special to the family.

Ayana: M-my mark on my neck? S-say...how could this exactly help you miss old lady?

Old woman: As I've currently stated, I have no other intention of your mark, I am just curious.

Ayana: Uh, what do you want to know.

Old woman: Does your chakra water glows whenever you control them?

Ayana: Yes! They are quite pretty when I play with them at night! I can show you!

Ayana started releasing water made of her own chakra, the old lady was seeing well that the water was indeed glowing in bright blue color, much different than the usual water she sees from ocean to mineral.

Old woman: I see it is indeed very pretty. Say, is there any spirit that appears in front of you whenever you're alone?

Ayana: Spirit...? what do you mean by spirits?

Old woman: Ah, I see, but does your mark glow when you are not trying to use it?

Ayana: I don't get what you mean...but I have witnessed my mark glowing sometimes.

Old woman: I see, well then. I'll let you know a secret.

Ayana: What is it miss old lady?

Old woman: I understand that you are not yet aware that you are holding such great gift that would give you so much power in the future, I want you to take care of it well and hone your skills as much as possible.

Ayana: I don't get what you mean, but I will try my best miss old lady.

Old woman: One day if we meet again, you'll have to show me what you have achieved, and we shall spar.

Ayana: But...I wouldn't want to hurt you or anyone.

Old woman: Such sweet little dear...

The old lady stroked Ayana's hair, and as her hands go down it went straight to Ayana's chest, pulling the pendant out hidden inside her. Ayana was somehow hurt and surprised because of what she witnessed.

Ayana: M-miss old lady...i-it hurts... what is that?

As the lady watched the gem on the pendant continuously spiral in red, she was amazed. Not long she put the pendant back inside Ayana's chest, gazing back to the mark on her neck one last time before taking her leave, without saying anything, leaving a hurt Ayana on the ground.

Her friends have heard her groaning, so they immediately back her up.

Shikamaru: Ayana! Are you okay? Did something happened?

Ayana: T-there was an old lady...

Naruto: Did she hurt you?!

Ayana was speechless from what just happened, there was a pendant hidden in her chest all along? How is that even possible?, and the worse part is, her family didn't mentioning anything about it, Without her knowing. Ayana's older sister; Ayami was  there and have witnessed what had happened, though she was quite late and arrived only before the old lady ran away, she was well aware that the old lady was one of the elders of their clan, who has their eyes on Ayana, conspiring of using her for the sake of their plans against Misuto, the current leader of the clan. Without any hesitations, she immediately went to Ayana.

Ayami: Ayana, it's not safe here, let's go home.

Ayana: But it's still early sister.

Ayami: There are important matters I want to discuss with you, you can let Shikamaru and Naruto visit you at our home later.

Ayana: Alright...sister.