Chapter 12: Vexatious Issue

Two days have passed, and there was still no news of Gaara. The more it takes too long, the more Ayana gets uneasy, and impatient. She was too worried, but she wasn't able to do anything.

A news came that Kankuro has been hospitalized after being attacked by an enemy on his way of search. He was sent back to Suna and got hospitalized, the news was sent over Chiyo so he could help Kankuro in any way she can. They, at the same time, had asked Konoha for help, making Team 7 on their way on the land of sand.

On the Suna streets, Ayana was on her way to the Kazekage estate to get herself informed of the problem, to ask if there is any help she could offer, and she met Tsuyu on the way.

It's that girl from before...

Tsuyu felt uncomfortable seeing Ayana, and was about to change her direction, but Ayana grabbed her arm which cause Tsuyu disgust, she pulled her arms away.

Ayana: I-I'm sorry...

Tsuyu hold her arms, not wanting to be touched by Ayana again.

Tsuyu: What is it...

Ayana: I was just gonna ask, d-do you have any information...o-or atleast update on what's happening...?

She still thinks about the Kazekage...

Tsuyu: Kankuro said to remain under orders, Im afraid I cant help you.

Ayana: Wait! But...you are closest in the Kazekage estate right? I'm certain you know atleast what's happening...or is there anything you heard?

Ayana's gentle tone and face of worry makes Tsuyu thinks otherwise, it sounded desperate. She knew herself she can't gatekeep the information she has from Ayana.

There was a short silence.

Tsuyu: We have no updates about Lord Kazekage, he's still being taken away.

Ayana's face became more, gloomy.

Ayana: Is there...really nothing for me to do to help?

Tsuyu: I'm not repeating the same thing I've said just earlier. We can do our things on our own, we'll ask for help if we needed.

Ayana: Is that so...

Tsuyu thought Ayana was about to cry, but she can't really blame her. Tsuyu feels the same, and probably the rest of the villagers. While she was gone, Ayana had made quite the work inside the village by offering them a hand—like assuring them that everything will be alright and under control, sending some kids outside back to their home, helping some vendors or even small restau to close their shops, she might be someone they do not know or an outsider, although small, but her deeds was quite very helpful.

Ayana got back from her senses and hid her worry with a smile, speaking through in a gentle voice.

Ayana: I'm sorry if ever I disturbed you, it won't happen again. And, thank you for the time and answers, I'll head back now.

Tsuyu watched Ayana walked away, she decided to leave and catch up to the suna-nin in Kazekage estate to do her work.

//

The next day, Ayana thought she could buy something for Kankuro and give him a visit, there were ninjas running as if there was something urgent, and she approached them.

Ayana: I-is everything okay...?

The ninjas ignored Ayana and her question and proceeded to run pass by her. She immediately thought it was an emergency, so she followed them. Before she could run further, Naruto, Sakura, Temari and Kakashi saw her and called up on her.

Naruto: Ayana!

Ayana turned around, and watched them come near her.

Ayana: Naruto...I'm not informed you guys are also coming here...

Kakashi: We came to help regarding the issue.

Naruto: Ayana, you look burnt out, are you okay?

Ayana: I'll be fine, I have to do something with what's happening...

Naruto: We're here to help Ayana, I think you've done your part well enough. You'll just have to trust us.

Temari: Kankuro's also in danger, Sakura, please let's go there quick.

Ayana: What?

What Temari said was so sudden for Ayana, she was never informed about it, it quite gave Ayana a headache and made her hold her head, it was a migraine in the back of her head, together with a tingling sensation, Ayana suddenly felt warmth and lightheaded. Before she could even fall, Sakura caught her.

Sakura: She's exhausted.

Kakashi: I'll take her to the nearest hospital, you guys go to Kankuro, your help is more needed there.

Naruto: Ayana, I promise I'll bring Gaara back alive. We trust you Kakashi-sensei. Let's go, Sakura.

Sakura: Hai.

Naruto proceeded to go with Sakura and Temari. While Kakashi go the other way to take Ayana to the nearest hospital, and give her a proper rest. Ayana wasn't fully unconscious, and could still sense and hear things.

Kakashi: You're awake?

Ayana: I have to assist them...

Kakashi: You're abusing yourself, get enough rest.

Ayana: But I don't want to just sit there and do nothing...

Kakashi: Lady Ayana, you've done your part well enough. Judging from your looks, you've been working nonstop, don't you.

Ayana: I was just...obeying orders...

Kakashi: Then it's time for you to take a break for now. Have faith in Naruto, he'll bring Gaara back for sure.

Ayana remained silent while she's being delivered to the hospital. The medical-nins around put Ayana to the ER, and Kakashi left afterwards to follow Naruto and the others.