Chapter 29: Whatever It Takes

<<<Naruto and Hinata's wedding day>>>

The sun was still not set yet almost everyone is already preparing for this very day. Gaara, was the same, after all he's still attending his bestfriend's special day, he shouldn't let anything get in the way just to make this day successful for Naruto and his soon to be wife.

Gaara went out to take a short stroll while waiting for the the rest. He purposely stood by near Ayana's house to check her how she is for today. He was still thinking how to start talking to her properly so she'll get to know everything she doesn't. Suddenly, Gaara felt a familiar aura, like he was being watched.

He already knew who that person was, his mood changed.

Sayoko: You're really a man of your word, look at you still making a way to get through her walls.

There was silence for a moment, Gaara looked back slightly.

Gaara: She's in danger because of you.

Sayoko: You know nothing Gaara, you don't know what'll happen once my plan becomes succesful.

Gaara: You took away everything from her for your selfish desires.

Sayoko: She also took everything from me, everyone I hold dear, Ayana's just in the right place.

Sayoko was triggered.

Gaara: Knowing Ayana, it's impossible she'll do a cruel thing like you're telling me. I suppose it's someone else, but it's never right to involve and blame her to all the things happened to you, let alone revenge itself is not a right path for everyone to take.

She grinned, as if her plans and everything she worked hard for were being disregarded, disrespected, being stepped on. It angered her.

Sayoko: You dare to dictate me what to do, who do you think you are?

Gaara: I'm telling the truth, if it provoked you--

She cut off before he could say anything more towards her.

Sayoko: --You will never get your hands on her!!

He went silent.

Sayoko: I'll make sure you'll never be able to see Ayana again, one day she'll change I know that, and she'll turn her backs on everyone she hold dear and that includes you!

Gaara didn't say anything more, the moment Sayoko said those words he immediately knew it'll be more difficult to approach and talk to her, but is there anything that could actually hold him back from doing so?

Sayoko left, leaving Gaara behind, who stood there so quietly, as if he's embracing himself for the worst to happen. Ayana calling him a monster is just one of the unexpected things that happen, he knew it wasn't easy as he tried to helped her as well during the war, but she kept rejecting him.

He will do everything he can to take Ayana away from her, to save her from the wrong path, and the possible danger that waits her. After all, she did the same thing when they were younger; when they first met each other, after he was becoming a monster, she remained enduring and warm to him regardless of his sins. A one of a kind, the connection they made to each other was the one pushing him to keep pursuing to her, he knew can't lose this kind of connection, it was just too important for him to lose, she was important for him to lose.

His salvation.

<<<Time skip...>>>

It was the time of day, everyone was well dressed attending the hero, Naruto Uzumaki's wedding. Everyone was rejoicing for the newly wed couple, while Ayana was at the back of the crowd, watching everyone enjoy. She could only smile for everything Naruto achieved, he's finally with someone he feels like home, someone important to him, Ayana knew there were more things to come in to Naruto's life.

While Ayana thinks of this she thought of herself, who's still living in isolation, and under control, full of hopelessness, always wonder how would she get out of this cage she couldn't break free.

Gaara saw her; he was looking for her, for some reason he knew she'll attend to this special day. Looking at the lonely bluenette, before he could approach her Sayoko appeared in Ayana's back, that moment he couldn't come near her.

Sayoko: Let's leave this place right now.

Ayana just stood up and immediately followed Sayoko, without questions asked. Gaara was surprised Ayana is not rebelling against this, nor fighting back just to get away from Sayoko. It must be fear that drives Ayana to keep following her, Gaara thought.

Without any hesitations, Ayana, Sayoko, and an unknown red headed guy, Akuno, left the place without informing anyone around, Sayoko gave a last glance towards Gaara before they disappeared from the place.

Gaara knew he can't leave now, he have to inform Naruto first before he should go.