Chapter 19: What's Wrong Might Be Their Justice

A day has passed and there was no signs of Ayana recovering from the despair she is currently experiencing, it caused her to be more distant but it's only because she wanted to collect her thoughts on her own. She was still hurt by the fact that Gaara would try to kill her, no matter how much she doesn't want to believe it, the answers were right in front of her. Ayana wished it doesn't exist, or it wasn't Gaara at all. Gaara? Doing such thing? Very impossible from her point of view, she knew how kind he is, she bonded with him, she knew how much of a soft-heartened person he is, it was all unbelievable.

Ayana is currently on her own at the hospital rooftop, she was gazing at the Kazekage estate, it was quite far from the building, and she could spot Gaara from there because of his red-hair standing out from all the yellows. While she stare at the building, the memory of her figuring out the truth from Gaara kept replaying, and it kept hurting Ayana countless of times, no matter how many times the memory was played.

Suddenly, someone walked from behind her, and stood beside her.

It was no one else, but Sayoko.

Sayoko: Hello sweetie.

Her voice disturbed Ayana from her thoughts, she was unfamiliar of the face. Sayoko wears a normal Suna civilian outfit, as if she almost looked like a civilian belonging to the village.

Ayana didn't replied to her. Sayoko instead tried to wipe Ayana's tears away from her face.

Sayoko: Oh...something happened? I feel like you're in a state of despair...your tears tell how heavy you are feeling right now.

Ayana: Who are you...why are you so concern...?

Sayoko: That is because tears does not fit your beautiful face young darling, I want to make you feel better the best as I can.

Ayana: You're just like the others, why are you suddenly concern of me.

Sayoko: Sweetie, just because most of them doesn't welcome you in the village, doesn't mean everyone of them will be the same. Suna is being lead by Lord Gaara, and he has the kindest of hearts, don't you think? They will obey him for sure.

Ayana went silent.

Sayoko: What's wrong? Did I said something that you wouldn't agree?

Ayana's tears suddenly went streaming down again.

Sayoko: Oh no, I'm sorry if I said something that hurt you...

Ayana: I-It's not that...It's something else...you said...

Sayoko: Yes?

Ayana: Gaara has the kindest hearts...would you still believe it even if he tried to take your life away...?

Sayoko acted concerned and shock, but deep inside she was in joy, her plans are working.

Sayoko: What do you mean? Gaara tried to kill you?

Ayana didn't gave any answer, she was just crying.

Sayoko: Oh sweetheart, it's alright. He showed you who he truly is, a monster.

Ayana: I-I thought we're already okay...I thought he changed! How could he do this?

Sayoko: My my...hmmm, maybe he was still angry about something that you did in the past? Could it be that...he was still hurt, and angry, that he wanted to end his feelings by ending you?

Ayana: I-I don't know anymore...

Sayoko thought Ayana heard enough, so she stopped there and kept giving her support by staying there with her until Ayana calmed down a bit.