Chapter 37: Precaution

Four days have passed since Gaara and Akuno's last conversation.

As Gaara patiently waits for his command, things gets a little rough in Akuno's side.

Ever since Ayana started having everyday meetings with the elders, and occassional training and more responsibilities, she grew sick and was forced to stay inside her room for today.

Some medical ninjas' that were under the Genji clan elders' rule was examining Ayana for the day. Sayoko was also in the room as they get impatient with Ayana's situation.

Sayoko: Tsk.

Sayoko buffled in annoyance.

Sayoko: How high maintenance can you be, this has been happening frequently than usual. This is bothersome.

MedicNinA: Hello. The patient is diagnosed with extreme fatigue. We're still going to investigate if there's other issues Ayana-sama has.

Sayoko: Right, make it quick.

The medical ninja left the room as the others followed after they arranged everything for Ayana's health supply.
An elder, Geko, came in and stood beside Sayoko.

Geko: As much as I am eager as you are, we should take it a bit easy to her.

Sayoko looked at Geko with a disgusted face.

Geko: Dear, our plan will fail if she died this early. She can't be a weapon, if she's not in her best state.

Sayoko: Yeah I know, I know. But this has been happening a lot of times now, it's getting troublesome.

Geko: Give her some time, maybe a week or two is enough to make her go back to her perfect state. We can leave her to Akuno, I want to talk to you about something in private.

Sayoko gave a last look at Ayana before they leave her room.

______________________________________

Hours has passed, it was already late in the evening and Gaara was already having his late sleep. Until a knock on his door disturbed him, he get up to check who was it in the middle of late evening, and he was surprised from what he saw.

!!

It was Akuno carrying an unconscious Ayana with him, Gaara immediately let him in, closed the door after him and fixed the bed so Ayana could lay down comfortably, Akuno placed her there gently.

Gaara: What happened? Wouldn't Sayoko figure this out...?

Akuno: They're abusing Ayana and now she got fatigue. I think she's too exhausted in training and consecutive work with the elders.

Gaara: They're abusing her...?

Gaara look at her, he couldn't imagine what kind of people are they and how they could do this to her just for their own gain.

Akuno: Don't worry, I have a plan for this. All you have to do is keep her away from them, so I want you to hide far from here as much as possible, and take her with you.

Gaara: What about you? Wouldn't Sayoko be furious at you?

Akuno: She'll only take suspicious of me, I'll be fine.

Gaara knew he wouldn't be fine.

Gaara: ...what do you plan now?

Akuno: Just take her away. Sayoko and the elders will be alarmed later, so they're going to look everywhere for her. Until then...

Gaara just looked at Akuno, he could see that he was out of ideas and only did out of his concern for Ayana's safety, even if it would potentially destroy the plan and cause a lot of problems.
Akuno grinned, there was nothing in his mind he could think of for another plan. Gaara could read it well.

Gaara: Akuno. I'm glad you decided for Ayana's safety. I'll help you plan through.

Akuno: No...Gaara.

He looked at Akuno.

Akuno: I think it's better if you leave here immediately. I trust you that you'll make sure they won't get their hands on her again.

Gaara: Thank you for trusting me. But I won't leave just yet, Ayana have to rest first before we depart. Are you really sure you're going to be okay?

Akuno: Yes. She won't take suspicious of me, maybe...maybe she'll just accuse me and get mad at me for being reckless.

Gaara just looked at Akuno, he insists that he'll be fine and Gaara have to respect his decision. Since both of them are doing this for Ayana.

Akuno: I have to go now, while it's still late in the midnight.

Gaara: Akuno, be careful.

Akuno nodded.

Akuno: I'll leave Ayana to you.

Akuno left Gaara's room to go back before Sayoko would caught him, he closed the door behind him when he left.

Gaara put his attention towards the sleeping Ayana, and observed how she slept.
It wasn't too peaceful, he could read how exhausted she was because of the constantly small panting from her while she sleeps.

She must have been put to her limit a lot whenever Sayoko trains her. Or maybe the elders was too strict on her they want her to sign multiple papers and attend a lot of meetings just to make sure their evil schemes are executed well.

Gaara felt it as if he was in Ayana's position, he couldn't imagine the stress and exhaustion she's experiencing from Sayoko and the elders.
He put the blanket on top of Ayana, he decided to sat down on the floor and sleep on the side of the bed with his arms supporting his nap.

He watched Ayana sleep, and eventually fell asleep as well.