Chapter 7: Kotegawa // 小手川

//

Sayoko was taking a short rest from keeping an eye on Gaara, she currently is using a clone puppet to keep an eye on Gaara for her.

Alone in an apartment in Sunagakure, checking her physical appearance in the mirror. Using her claw attachements to fix her hair by using it as a comb. Looking at her hair pin, she remembered her parents.

The hair pin was the only thing that Sayoko have that has her parents' memory, although she doesnt really see them when she and her older brother were born, the anger and injustice she felt was there. Because of the Genji clan, she never experienced having a family.

Aside from the justice she wanted to bring her parents, Sayoko hold a major jealousy against Ayana, not because of her looks; but because of how special she was treated by almost everyone in the Genji clan.

Ayana holds the power of a spirit fox, a spirit belonging to the Genji and is the ONLY remaining spirit fox alive. Such thing made her so special; that due to the same reason most of the people in the clan respects her, and treat her as a higher-up. Ayana became the heir because of that as well, everyone expecting she'd be as more powerful than her father to rule over the Genji clan in the future, becoming their pride.

Such thing Sayoko wanted to experience, knowing how her clan and her parents were treated; enjoying the freedom and abusing position where they were in while her family suffers bloodshed, she thinks it is unfair of them.

Sayoko knows they didn't deserve this, she don't know what actually they did wrong. Rebelling from Genji clan was the right choice for her, in that way her plans will succeed, or will they?

The more she thinks about all these, the more Sayoko gets angry. Realizing she is already ruining her image with the angry expression she makes, she took a deep breath, and opened her palm, forming a sphere with a bright red color, the heat it gives didn't bothered Sayoko at all.

The sphere continues to grow bigger in a size of a basketball, it almost looked like a black hole.

Sayoko: These are not enough...

The sphere popped in a smokey manner, making her hair flew over away from her face in a short period of time. Bumiku suddenly appeared, trying to check up on his little sister.

Bumiku: The more you think about it the more you'll grow impatient.

Sayoko: But it makes me more determined...

Bumiku: You're that determined to perish her?

Sayoko: This is only not about her...if she perished, the Genji clan will fall, I knew that too well, they rely on Ayana too much.

Bumiku: And if they figured out you were the one who did it? They'll attack you.

Sayoko: Oh no, it's Gaara that they'll attack. It's going to be chaos all over. To be honest I'm not sure what will happen after this, but I'm looking forward to see it.

Bumiku: Oh.

Sayoko: I bet Genji clan will probably fall in despair and that's where the chaos comes in.

Bumiku don't know what to further say, but he stayed there to keep giving his sister some accompany. He admit that Sayoko's plans makes no actual sense, he knows their parents were part of what their clan was up to, and they were never guilty for it, he knows the Genji just did their part—and those who do injustice things deserves a punishment. Or atleast that was Bumiku's mindset, he doesn't want to battle the Genji or even hurt Ayana in the first place, but he had to support his sister because he knows she feels lonely—one word, but it means a lot to her.

Sayoko: This is enough resting I suppose, I have to go check on Gaara again.

Bumiku: Be careful Sayoko.

Sayoko: I will, big brother Bumiku.

Sayoko left and vanished using her ninjutsu, to avoid being seen and having direct contact with Suna villagers as much as possible. Bumiku stayed in their apartment, feeling of worry bothering him. If only he could make Sayoko stop, he could have done so in the first place, but knowing how stubborn she is, all the convincing he could do will be so useless. Bumiku know Sayoko wouldn't believe him if he told her what was their clan was responsible for and why did the Genji massacred them. One time they were already informed by the elders of the clan, but Sayoko never believed, and only made her more angry, thinking that the Genji was only ruining their image and that the clan was holding a major feeling of threat against them.

Of course Bumiku also thought of the same, but he is more open minded of the truth than to keep himself in denial of things. Approaching Misuto wasn't an easy task for him but he managed in the end, it was hard for Misuto to convince Bumiku about the truth, but with the evidences he provided that were kept from their secret files was more than enough to made him believe. On that day Bumiku was proud he and Sayoko was under the Genji's care, however Sayoko was the opposite.

If only you listened, none of these people will be a victim of you.....Sayoko...you don't know what you're doing...

On a small restau in the streets of Suna, Kankuro was eating dinner together with Ayana.

Kankuro: I'm still, really sorry of what happened back there Ayana.

Ayana: My, beto-san...Kankuro it's alright. As I said earlier, I understand Gaara's position, he is in a much more busy state now than before. You think it's alright if I visit him the day after tomorrow?

Kankuro: Im not sure, but I could inform you whenever I saw him he's not that busy, after all I am his helper in some sort of things. But we could try your idea too.

Ayana: Maybe I'll prepare a gift for him...I'll do my best to cheer him up, maybe that way he'll be less stressed? I want to...make our reunion worth it and memorable...

Kankuro: I am 100% sure he'll like it, maybe he'll even love it. Do you want me to help?

Ayana: Nope! It's fine, I think it's better to give him something that I wanted to give sincerely.

Kankuro: Well goodluck on that, Ayana.

Ayana: I'll use tomorrow's time to do so, thank you for treating me dinner tonight, Kankuro.

Kankuro: Awh, its nothing at all!

Ayana: I think I'll be going now, I really enjoyed tonight's dinner~

Kankuro: Do you want me to escort you home?

Ayana: No not at all! I think I'll be okay~ Kaito is on his way probably, thank you again Kankuro.

Kankuro: You're welcome Ayana.

Ayana stood up and walked herself home, she met Kaito on the way that was supposed to take her back to their apartment. Kankuro was worried if ever Gaara will give Ayana same expression again, he could only hope for the best, it was a different sight of Gaara, after all he didn't acted stressed so much in work, since he is that determined for his villagers and the village itself, to improve and for a change. Maybe he could ask Gaara what's going on, but will he speak the truth?