Chapter 23: A Bitter Farewell; Departure

Gaara: It was you, isn't it.

Sayoko appeared from the shadows, from the corner of the balcony of Kazekage estate.

Sayoko: How did you know?

She asked sarcastically.

Gaara: Who else would kill Ayana's friend. Sayoko, this is getting out of hand, why did you have to involve him.

He was angry, but Gaara's doing his best to keep it to himself.

Sayoko: He wanted to pry, so I teached him a lesson.

Gaara: This is wrong...very wrong. He just cared for Ayana's safety, you could've just left him alone as if he'll do anything to interfere you.

Sayoko: He'll interfere the best way he can, he's a threat to my plans I have to kill him. Why do you care so much about your rival in love.

Gaara: He isn't my rival.

Sayoko: Really? Even if you consider him a friend, he's soooo angry at you because you tried to kill the person he cherishes the most.

Gaara: Sayoko...for another time, I did, not, do it.

Sayoko: But he thinks he does.

She replied teasingly.

Sayoko: A little bit of advice, Gaara-sama, you should stop prying furthermore. Do you think you can still make Ayana believe your petty words?

Gaara: I want to do the best for her. What about you stop chasing her.

Sayoko: You can't stop me Gaara-sama. This meeting is over, I still have better things to do.

Sayoko left the room by her ninjutsu, in which she looked like she's being absorbed by the floor until she completely disappeared. Gaara was left stood angrily, he don't know how to stop Sayoko in her plans, and felt like he's responsible of fixing this so that he can save Ayana and to also let her know of the truth.

He knew how much it's painful for her right now, now that her friend has died he knew how hard it is for Ayana. As much as he wants to visit, Gaara decided to just let Ayana's friend, Kaito, handle things for her.

//

Kaito: I'm so sorry I have to drag you to this, Kenichi-san.

Kenichu: It's okay Kaito, you're like my son even if you stayed just for few weeks. I'm happy to be by your side even if it's in just a short time.

Kaito: Thank you so much, Kenichi-san...

The brunette frowned and looked down, still sad about what happened to his friend. They were at Riku's grave, his body will be delivered back to Konoha once the investigation of his crime scene has been done, so the mourn will be a little late.

Unexpectedly, Gaara suddenly came, and called Kaito on his name. It surprised Kaito and Kenichi, and looked back to see the Kazekage.

Kaito: Kazekage-sama...

The tears on Kaito's cheeks was still obvious.

Gaara: I'm here to pay condolences to your friend.

Kaito: Thank you, Kazekage-sama...

Kenichu: Thank you Kazekage-sama.

Gaara walked forward so he can pray on Riku's grave just like Kaito and Kenichi does. When he finished, he looked to Kaito to talk to him.

Gaara: Shouldn't Ayana be here as well?

Kaito: She...she don't want to come...I think she needs time to think.