Chapter 33: The Heir's Melancholic Ceremony

It was already the day that Ayana will be positioned as the clan's new Leader. Ayana wasn't excited of the news because she wasn't ready for such responsibility, nor she wanted to be the leader in the first place.

Sayoko: I want you to act accordingly and listen to what the elders will tell you. Don't worry, they will guide you well.

Ayana just nodded, it was obvious from her expressions that she wasn't excited, or happy about it.

Sayoko read her expressions and behavior well, but she barely care about Ayana's concerns regarding the ceremony.

She wore a white kimono, with long extensions. As if she was a bride waiting to get married, atleast that's what she supposed to wear for the event. Her hair is lose with few hair accessories.
It was like they're turning a princess to a queen, just like those of traditional ceremonies on South Korea.

As Ayana walked to her "throne", her chest were heavy due to the anxiety and uneasy feeling she's feeling. Maybe because of how her clan members would view her after this? Because she's not ready to be a leader? Because of the future pressure the elders will give her? The high expectations they'll set up because as a leader, Ayana have to do more than great to earn their approval.

She sat in a well-prepared "tatami", a traditional Japanese chair with no feets and is usually placed in the floor used for relaxing under heated kotatsu tables.
Ayana's worried expression could be seen easily from her people.
The way some looked at her were very concerned of their new leader, they knew the burden she'll be through in the future right after she's held from the ceremony.
While most of her people were looking at her as if she wasn't suited to be one. The heir who "abandoned" her own home just to live a happy peaceful life in Konoha, not thinking about them the slightest and still burdening her parents with such responsibilities, instead when supposedly Ayana should be taking the lead before instead of her parents.

The clan had to endure and experience a lot while the heir and their leader (Misuto, Ayana's father) was absent and nowhere to be found.

Their eyes were full of hatred towards the young bluenette. In which Ayana in return were also concerned about, why are they so angry towards her?
Their looks were already making her more pressured than she expected, considering she has no experience in leadership nor a great leader.

"Let's all bow to our new leader of the clan, Ayana Genji." Says the person beside Ayana, he was the announcer for today's ceremony.
However the people were not really happy and upset because it has to be Ayana.

As the elders started to bow down, the rest followed. But some of the people refused to do so. Some of the elders had to use force just to make them bow towards Ayana.
She wasn't liking anything of this.

Ayana: P-Please stop...make it stop...

She said as tears followed, Ayana stood up and tried to come over to the elder but was stopped by another elder.

Kairi: You're not allowed to interfere them. Let them do the rest.

Ayana: Why would you do this? You're hurting them!!

Kairi: They're disrespecting you, and you're not furious?!

Ayana: What do you mean?! Just stop this!!

Geko: Take her to her room.

Kairi: Hai.

Ayana was dragged away from the ceremony by the elders through force and locked her to her room.

Ayana: Let me out of here!!

Kairi: You never changed from the last time we took care of you. Still a disgrace.

Ayana just looked towards the door, frozen to hear what the elder just told her now.
A disgrace...she heard this before, and it felt like Ayana had experienced it again.

She sat and laid her back on the door...crying.
Everything that happened to this day overwhelmed her. How the people expects so much for her but she couldn't provide.
How her people look at her like she didn't belong and shouldn't be in the position in the first place.
But Ayana didn't wished for this at all, she didn't chose to be the leader and shoulder everything.

She was just obeying rules, eyes closed.

Orders from Sayoko who'll hurt her once again if she failed to do a simple task that she was asked to do.
Ayana just wanted to be free from this cage.

To live as a weapon for an unpleasant cause is against her will, but what can she do against it when she only had herself to fight?
She couldn't fight...she couldn't stand up for herself and make a change...

Ayana just wanted all these to end...but she can't...