Chapter 34: Sorrowful Dawn; Disclose

A lot of time has passed and Ayana was still locked up in her room. She eventually fell asleep because of how long she was kept in there.

However, she was awakened by a noise from the outside of her room; it seems like they unlocked it and wanting her to their expense.
It was surprising that she was needed earlier this morning, it's not an appropriate time to wake someone up just to do work, but the elders have their priorities set.

In a room where they sat and gathered for a meeting, Sayoko and Akuno was also present in there.

Sayoko: Alright, let's get to the point. Let's not keep our new leader Ayana waiting for orders.

Geko: Well.

Geko, an old lady who has pure white hair and green sharp eyes. She seem to be the oldest of the 5 elders.

The elders are responsible for keeping stability around the Genji clan borders by establishing rules and usually work behind and is responsible for work that require more brains than going out for missions.
They help the leader set out better plans in keeping the clan in harmony, balance, and peace together with the other clans, and especially villages.

The Genji clan's kekkei genkai was the sole reason why they are acknowledged and not looked down upon. And has unexpectedly some powerful ninjas per element of the chakra nature (only during the 1st and 2nd ninja war. A lot of them were exterminated and only few remain), and they specializes on the combined nature transformation whilst maintaining a unique style of battle (scorch, ice, wood, lava, storm, boil, dust, explosion release).

Thus most village find it important to keep their alliance with the Genji clan as they would make a helping hand whenever a conflict against a village occured, an S-rank convoy or S-rank commissions.t

Geko put down the documents Ayana is supposed to read for her to have an information of how the flow of her leading will be.
Ayana analyzed each of the documents and was starting to get curious of the plan the elders were keeping in mind.

Geko: You see, the clan has been in such an unpleasant state under your grandfather and father's care.

Ayana remained listening, she was becoming cautious of what the elder was talking about.

Geko: A lot of conflicts we are involved and those conflicts did a great damage in our image. As one of the famous clans we should keep our pride and remain one of the most respected clan, and by doing so we should start by putting back some of the rules that were long exterminated.

Ayana: And what would that be...

Geko: By making sure the children would train a lot in young age to make sure we grow a powerful generation. Also keeping the clan's pure blood by only being wed to cousins. This is why we wanted you to marry Akuno, although he is half blood, he seems to carry more of the Genji's than of the Uzumaki's.

Ayana: This don't sit well with me.

Geko: You still have to obey us in the very end, this is for the sake of the clan.

Ayana: Is this also why you want to battle with the clans you used to be allied with?

Geko: You are too young to understand, and you have no choice but to listen to our commands.

Ayana was growing more furious towards them as she hears their pointless plans and arguments.

Ayana: There's this been one question I always wanted to ask...

Geko: Yes?

Ayana: Where is my father? Where is my sister and mother? Aren't they supposed to be handling this kind of thing?

Geko: Hm...

The room went quiet for a moment, and the gestures made Ayana even more cautious of what's happening.

Ayana: What is this...is there something I dont know...

Geko: Well, we had asked a skilled ninja to fetch them off for us.

Ayana: W-What...what do you mean...

Geko: They've been the sole reason why we're losing our stand, Ayana. Do you remember what I said earlier? Anyway...

Ayana stared at Geko waiting for an answer.

Geko: They're dead.

Ayana froze.

They're dead.

She started feeling weak. As much as this fact was very hard to believe, her family being absent during the years was already a proof that they were long gone. If they were still alive, they'd look out for their precious girl Ayana.

But they didn't.

And it seemed like they would actually never come back, because they're already dead.

And Ayana just figuring that out about now gave her such shock.

How long are they already dead? The last few years? When? During the war? No, they could have informed Ayana otherwise. They weren't present anywhere. Nor they didn't messaged her ever since.

Ayana fell in her knees, still trying to absorb the information the elder just told her.

The other people in the room did nothing but to watch Ayana suffer by the death of her parents, in which she just found out about now.

Akuno: Ayana...

Akuno being the only one to help, he tried to comfort Ayana first before assisting her to leave the room.

She started crying, burst of tears she refused to stop. Ayana just couldn't believe she just figured out about this now, and that they actually died considering they were very powerful from what she know.

There's nothing more painful than mourning the death of a family.