Chapter 35: Sorrowful Dawn; Empathy

Ayana: Let me go!!

Ayana break free from Akuno's trying to comfort and left the room.

Akuno: Ayana--

Sayoko: Don't let her escape.

Akuno glanced at Sayoko for the moment, and gave her an upset look. She didn't bother much though, Akuno left the room and proceed to follow Ayana to wherever she plans to go.

Sayoko: Hmp, seems that you're growing feelings for her after all.

_______________________________

Ayana ran and ran she think she'll be alone at, and eventually stopped at a place wherein it looks isolated.

Ayana cried and eventually fell in her knees, she couldn't handle the stress and so much emotions because of what she's going through, plus what she just heard just earlier.

It made her feel weak and very vulnerable, Ayana wanted to give up just to end all of the things she's experiencing, there's nothing good for her to look forward to anyway.
It was her fault in the first place why she was in such a state right now, Ayana never obeyed orders and chose to be free and happy, living life ignorant and was so naive that she had to suffer consequences because she refused to learn and be careful.

Ayana stood up in the edge of a cliff slowly, she feared falling for she doesn't want to get hurt. But would she think about it now, that what she's going through is more painful than falling off and no one catches you, or even during a fight that you get scratches from enemy tools and suffer exhaustion a lot.
There she closed her eyes, trying to come forth and embrace that she's going to end all this through that solution.

Akuno, who just followed Ayana was in timing, he was just supposed to watch her and let her have her own time, but the image she's in bothered and worried him to the extent.

Akuno: //She's not doing it!!//

He thought.

He was just about to, until he saw another figure he was familiar with.

"I have to follow my parents and meet them there...maybe that way, everything will be okay for us, and we'll be together again..."

Ayana lean to her fall and step forward, before it could continue, her hand was grabbed from behind.

Her eyes grew a bit wider realizing her hand was caught before she could lean on. At that point she was ready to accept her fate, but looking down once more made her think twice.

Ayana gasped in fear and immediately looked behind her to see who was the person...it was Gaara.
Looking at her with a worried expression, his eyes were shining from the tears just slowly forming from his tear ducts. He had a serious expression, Ayana couldn't believe it was him though.

She pulled her hand away and almost fell again, but this time Gaara used his sand to ensure her safety–the sand grabbed her in the waist down to her thigh gently, as if she was sitting.

The sand gave her to Gaara and she fell in his arms gently.

Unconsciously, his arms were wrapped around her as if he doesn't want to let her go, if he did, who knows what will happen, maybe she'll attempt to jump again.
Ayana wasn't hugging him back, her face was hid on his chest and completely surprised from what just happened.

After a short silence, Ayana started throwing tantrums and wanting to escape from Gaara's trying to protect her, he wasn't letting her go.

Ayana: This was all your fault!!

Gaara just tightened his grip of her just to make sure she won't end up jumping on that cliff again, even though they're already quite distant from it.
As he heard her cries, he felt sentimental and could feel how heavy it was for Ayana and what she's going through.

Ayana fell on her knees while she was in Gaara's arms, he carefully assisted her so that she was comfortable of the posture.

Ayana: I wanted to join them, I wanted all these to end...why did you stop me?

He gently said;

Gaara: This is not the right path for you to take.

Ayana: You speak like you know everything.

Gaara: Ending your life shouldn't be the answer to everything happening right now. I came here to help you get through it, your friends are worried about you. I won't come back to them with you lifeless, I made a promise.

Ayana was speechless from Gaara's reasoning. Why did he still care for her this much and would go all the way just to save her? She even called him a "monster" just for him to stay away, even trying to hurt him physically to get rid of him, but he seem to be dedicated of her more than she knew.

Gaara supported the silence, and stayed in the position. Ayana was crying less than earlier.
He did his best to make her feel better by patting her head, which eventually made her fall asleep.

It was already sunrise, it shunned Ayana's blue locks as she sleep peacefully in his arms. Gaara stared to it a bit, and felt his heart warm as he reminisces all the moments he had with her when he was still a young boy, and after the chunnin exams.

He missed Ayana's heart warming smile that always assures him every time he look at her, as if everything will be alright whenever she's around. How many times she saved him from his own negative thoughts and made him happy, without even her trying. How many times she did it just with her presence—her talks on his hobbies and things she do effortlessly.

But all of that is gone now.

Gaara: It's my turn now, Ayana.