Chapter 9: Bad Omen

Ayana had a lot of free time after she left Gaara's office, for her she wanted to have more time with him, but although it was short, it was very worth it. She was on her way back to the apartment, smiling, Kankuro met her on the way.

Kankuro: Ayana! I'm sorry I didn't come with you, I was needed in a mission.

Ayana: Oh no, it's alright, I wouldn't want to bother you.

Kankuro: So...how did it go...? Did Gaara pushed you away again?

Ayana: What do you mean? He never pushed me. That time he was just really busy, can we please understand his standing?

Ayana pleased while looking at Kankuro "cutely".

Ayana: Let's not take it as a bad thing, okay?

Kankuro sighed.

Kankuro: Alright...I'll listen to you. But seriously though, how did it go?

Ayana: It went really well~

Kankuro: Did he accepted your gift?

Ayana: He said he loved them! I'm really happy how it went, Gaara also said he'll take care of those desert lilies.

Kankuro was in the verge of laughter, which made Ayana a bit embarrassed.

Ayana: W-what's so funny...

Kankuro: You seriously gave him a flower?

Ayana: What's so bad about that? Did I do something wrong?

Kankuro: You're so innocent, since when girls give guys flowers?

Ayana: Like it's a bad thing!

Kankuro: It's not but it's very weird, if only I've known I would've asked Gaara to give you flowers instead.

Ayana: That's—that's definitely not something he will do!! He's a Kazekage! He shouldn't be giving flowers to an outsider especially just an ordinary kunoichi.

Kankuro: What the hell is that logic.

Ayana: Still!!

Kankuro: Pretty sure it's just something you can't really handle.

Ayana: No it's not.

Kankuro: He do what he wants anyway.

Ayana: I'm going home! Hmp.

Before Ayana could run away, Kankuro stopped her.

Kankuro: Wait, where are your friends?

Ayana: Oh uhh, I think they went to go sightseeing Suna. I don't get it tho, they'll just see sand houses and sand streets and sand walls.

Kankuro once again laughed. Ayana wasn't impressed and crossed her arms.

Ayana: Did I said something wrong again?

Kankuro: You're just so funny, but you're not wrong though, everything here is sand.

Ayana: Sand houses...rock sand...I'm glad the food aren't sand, too...

Kankuro: Alright that's enough, should I get you back to the apartment?

Ayana: Oh, you said you were needed in a mission right?

Kankuro: Yeah but it just finished, besides its a genin mission, it didn't exhaust me one bit. Let's go?

Ayana: Okay...

Ayana went first to lead the way, while Kankuro was behind her, acting like a bodyguard.

//

Fast forward of the time, it was evening and Ayana was writing something on her personal diary, she's transferring all of the emotions and feelings she felt while she was talking to Gaara, her worries and what more she was looking forward to. After Ayana was done, she started re-reading all that she have written for the day to check spelling mistakes and grammatical errors. While she was doing so made her quite thirsty, Ayana created water from her palms and used it to drink—her way of drinking water is quite weird. While she was doing so, the only picture she has with Gaara fell from the desk due to the strong wind from the window.

Ayana: Oh no!

Ayana quickly pick up the fallen frame from the desk, she was surprised to saw a glass crack directly at Gaara's face. The picture was a cut out of Gaara's younger self, taken from the ninja databook. Yes, Ayana is that "cheeky".

The crack in the frame made her quite worried, before she started overthinking of what more that could happen, Ayana tried waking Kaito to ask him if there was something wrong. Of course Kaito don't know a lot, but Ayana wanted to make sure this way.

Kaito: Ayana, its 2am in the morning.

Ayana: I just went to drink water, Kaito...look...

Ayana passed on Kaito the photo frame she holds to show the crack on the glass at Gaara's face, it took him quite a while to see the picture clear.

Kaito: Ayana...this is just a crack, you can replace it.

Ayana: But what if something happened? Elderly used to say this kind of stuff just means something bad will happen...

Kaito: What do you mean? Elders are boomers, they know nothing about the future.

Ayana: But...it's still better to be sure...right...?

Kaito: You are worrying too much, just go to sleep.

Kaito turned his back on Ayana, he is one sleepy idiot alright.

Ayana can't blame Kaito, why did she even asked him about this stuff. After all, he's not a fortune teller, or knows what'll happen in the future. Ayana proceeded to go back to her bed and tried her best to sleep. Hugging the photo frame, she hopes what Kaito said are true, that Ayana's just worrying so much and nothing bad will really happen.

Althought if there really is something, Ayana told to herself—she will never let it happen.