Chapter 11: Interference

Ayana: Kankuro!!

Ayana's appearance was a surprise for Kankuro, she wasn't supposed to be here.

Kankuro: What are you doing here? It's dangerous, go back.

Ayana: I wanted to help, I saw Gaara having some trouble...

Kankuro: You are a visitor of the village, if something will happen to you Gaara will be responsible for this. Go back Ayana.

The stubborn girl shaked her head as a "no".

Ayana: I see my friends in trouble, I will do my very best to help. So, let me, Kankuro.

Kankuro sighed.

Kankuro: Alright...but stay under orders.

Ayana: I will do my best!

Kankuro and Ayana (and the rest of the Suna nin) proceeded to watch the fight. As the fight progress, they thought Gaara was winning when they think he was in an advantage, but just as soon his sand shield exploded, those who watches hopes went down and started worrying about their Kazekage, including Ayana.

Ayana wanted to intervene so she could help Gaara, but Kankuro wouldn't let her, in the end she chose to run and approach the fight bare hands. Using her water prowess, she created water platforms as fast as she could to reach Gaara, although her water wouldn't make her fly, she could make stairs with it.

The Akatsuki bringing the fallen Gaara was within her reach, and he quite noticed.

Deidara: What is this, they're bringing a girl to fight me? Cowards, hm.

Before Ayana could even make it, Kankuro's strings from his puppets stopped her, grabbing her with those strings and pulling her back to where they were.

Deidara: My time is done here, I've made Sasori wait too much.

The Akatsuki left with Suna's Kazekage, those who had witnessed had started to feel worry and fear because their leader and protector is being taken away, despite those, they are still thankful for the sacrifice he had made.

Ayana: Why are you stopping me?!

Kankuro: I said remain under orders!! We're not risking someone else's life, do you want his sacrifice to be nothing?!

The Suna nins around them was still curious of the bright blue haired girl, what Kankuro had said caused Ayana to shut up, but she still felt bad she failed to save Gaara.

Kankuro: There's still a way to retrieve him, we need help, it's still not too late. Tsuyu.

Tsuyu: Hai! Kankuro-sama.

Kankuro: Help me arrange some things, we'll ask for help.

Tsuyu: Hai.

Kankuro: Everyone, tell the others to tighten security and investigate the entrance to the village. And Ayana.

Ayana was still looking down and upset of herself, Kankuro raising his voice at her was something new to her, she didn't know how to react at the angry Kankuro very well.

Kankuro: You stay inside the village, you might not have saved him, but you can save his people. Do your best.

Kankuro started walking away leaving the balcony to start working, the rest followed him and obeyed his orders. Ayana was left in the balcony, she promised herself to protect Gaara's people while he's gone, and will not disappoint him, nor Kankuro. Aside those, there was nothing else for her to do except for praying Gaara will be okay, and will be saved. Ayana's friends, Kaito had reached out for her and see if she was okay. Riku was bringing such an expression with him.

Kaito: You're here...we were looking everywhere for you.

Riku: Ayana, why did you do that? You could have been killed!

Ayana: I'm fine.

Kaito: We saw you trying to attack the Akatsuki earlier, Ayana, why did you do that?

Ayana: I uh...I wanted to save him...

Riku: We were looking for you and doing our best to protect you, and you're just gonna go approaching danger like that?!

He was raising his voice, it made Ayana more hurt and upset of herself. She was quiet, her eyes looked like it was about to cry, Kaito felt like he should calm the both of them down.

Kaito: Hey hey...that's enough alright? It's not the best time to fight. I uh...I'm pretty sure we both understand each other. Riku, maybe you should calm down for a moment? Let's take Ayana back first...

Ayana nodded, Kaito assisted Ayana to go with him and head back to the apartment, Riku was behind them, still angry of what happen. She was still disappointed over what happened—she failed, and made Kankuro upset, and made Riku also upset. Ayana just wanted to do something for them, to help. But hearing Kankuro's orders...

Tsuyu: Kankuro-sama.

Kankuro: Yeah?

Tsuyu: May I know who is the girl?

Kankuro: Girl...you mean Ayana?

Tsuyu: Her name is Ayana...may I know what is her relation to the Kazekage? And she seems to care too much to him.

Tsuyu sounded unusual.

Kankuro: They've known each other for quite a long time and shared some memories. Why did you asked?

Tsuyu: It's just that...I never seen her before, she isn't a Suna citizen but...

Kankuro: It's a very long story, we have to focus on our current problem, Ayana is not a priority for now.

Tsuyu: I understand where you're coming from, and I'm sorry Kankuro-sama, for putting up another topic.

Kankuro: It's nothing, save your questions for another day, right after we finally saved Gaara.

>>>>>>

Sayoko was just playing with her fingertips with attached claws on them, thinking of another way to keep the plan ongoing, but she seemed to be out of ideas due to the current situation.

Sayoko: Looks like we have to move schedule, if the Kazekage turns out dead, I have to look for another person to do what I wanted them to do.

Counting her fingers to three using her thumb, from her pinky to her middle in the same hand.

Sayoko: I guess I'll have to wait for further results.