Chapter 2: Sheltered - Concealed

Several years have passed. Ayana have grown, and so has her curiosity about the pendant she had and the things she never knew about. As the time goes by, she became even more restless and concerned about it, but at the same time she doesn't want to pressure her parents about it.

Until one day, her curiosity got the best of her and she decided to talk to her father, even though she knows Ayana will get nothing from asking him, it is worth the try at least.

Ayana: Are there any things I don't know, father? Like about the pendan-

Misuto cut her off before she could even finish her sentence.

Misuto: It's all for your safety, Ayana. You can keep the pendant right? After all, it doesn't affect you in any way.

Misuto turned around to see his daughter, she was showing him a concerned look, after all, what worries her the most is the pendant that is inside her body, for some reason.

He leaned down to see his daughter more clearly, and held her shoulders.

Misuto: Trust me, everything will be okay. We will find a way to remove it, for now, be a good girl and behave, and keep it safe, alright?

Ayana took her father's words into consideration, listening, instead of asking more questions that would just make her more confused. The existence of the pendant was already a confusing thing for her, why was it there in the first place? She doesn't knows what the pendant actually holds in her life, all she knows is that it hides in her chest, and doing nothing, at all, which is fine, but her curiosity sometimes gets to her.

Ayana: Alright, father, I will.

Misuto: Good, I'm off to my meeting now, I'll see you before dinner okay?

Ayana: Be careful on the way, father.

After she bid goodbye on her busy father, Ayana proceeded to go out and meet her friends on the orphanage, where she met the kids that she's been meeting for the past few weeks, trying to do good deeds and be helpful to the people as much as she can.

While they were assisting the kids on their training, Ayana's friend, Riku went beside her to have a conversation, like he always does, everyday.

Riku: So, Did your father tell you anything?

Ayana: No, he refused to say anything about the pendant, he said it was for my safety.

Riku: And? What did you do.

Ayana: I just listened to him.

Riku: You mean you're contented he keeps things hidden from you?

Ayana: It's not like that. It's just that, I somewhat understand what father is trying to maintain, although...

Ayana's expressions suddenly changed to more of a worried-confused one.

Ayana: I've been confused ever since that day with Naruto and Shikamaru. It's like--it's like I don't really know who I am, what happened to my childhood? Where did this pendant come from? And why does Shikamaru acts like he knows me so much.

Riku: You have a lot of questions, enough that you are beginning to question yourself, Ayana, I suggest you should speak with your father for the truth, or this will keep you restless.

Ayana: If it is for the sake of my safety, then I will not persue. I know how much my father loves me, and I know he wouldn't let me get hurt, he said he'll find a way to remove this pendant, and I trust him.

Riku stood in silence, he did not want to question Ayana's decision or make her think otherwise, he understands what she's saying and where her answers are coming from. Although, if he were to ask, he doesn't like what's happening to her, and just hope everything will turn out okay.