Chapter 13: Eagerness

Riku: Ayana...you're awake...

Riku sounded so worried, his voice had made Ayana turn to him, it was quite the processing for her to figure out where she was.

Ayana: Where am I?

Riku: At the hospital, I met Kakashi-sensei on the way, he told me about what happened.

Ayana: I'm...not supposed to be resting here...

Kaito: Of course you are Ayana. The medical nin said you were too exhausted that you collapsed, it really made us worried...

Ayana didn't know what exactly to say, and she proceeded to sat on the bed and tried to process what was happening currently, thinking she might have been sleeping for quite a while now.

Ayana: How long have I been asleep?

Kaito: Just few hours, the medical nin said you should stay resting.

Ayana: Is there any news where Gaara possibly is?

Kaito: I'm afraid there isn't, they still continue the search.

What Kaito said left Ayana speechless. She was looking at her "rest-ed" hands on her lap, it wasn't really in rest, but rather, it shows impatience, her hands wasn't shaking, but her fingers were grabbing the blanket, like it was squeezing it but then putting it back; she was anxious. Riku noticed her actions immediately, and tried to calm her down. Riku is very worried of Ayana's situation, to be honest, more than of Gaara's situation. But in times like this, it isn't the right thing to argue with Ayana about her care for Gaara, and why did she put herself in danger just like that just for him. What would Ayana feels if he do something harsh, matters the most to him.

Riku: Hey...Ayana, it's okay.

Riku said on a very calming voice, trying to assure Ayana as much as he can.

Ayana: What do you mean it's okay...?

Riku: You met Naruto on your way, right? He said he'll bring Gaara back, don't you trust him?

Ayana: I...I do, but...

Riku: But?

Ayana: It's hard to just stay in here...without doing anything.

Riku: You already did more than what you know Ayana, it may not help in their search for Gaara, but atleast you helped them handle the village itself. Suna is important to Gaara, right?

What he said was right, there was nothing left for Ayana to say, but her worry if she ever contributed was put at ease. However she still worry about Gaara's current condition. Is he okay? Did he managed to escape? Where could he possibly be?

Those questions just kept running through Ayana's mind everyday, and not in a single minute she stopped thinking about him and the situation Gaara could possibly in.

Riku: Rest well for today, alright? I'll make sure we get information later, or by tomorrow about where Gaara is.

Ayana: But it's Akatsuki that took him...

Kaito: Cheer up Ayana! We'll make sure we get good news later, or by tomorrow!

Riku watched her until Ayana decided to go to sleep, which eventually in the end she did. She laid down on the bed and tried her best to put herself to sleep, the worry was still there and was quite hard to remove, but her overthinking just caused her to fall asleep.

💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮

Times have passed, and Gaara had already returned to the village after Naruto and his team departed. It was quite the moment...and the experience back there. But everyone was glad everything will turn back to normal, thanks to Naruto's help.