Chapter 5: Friendly Reunion

The next day, Ayana and her friends peacefully arrived at Suna. Having visiting Gaara as their top priority, they decided to make it a surprise and won't let Gaara know anything. They proceeded to get a room for themselves in an apartment to rest for a while, because of the recent events, they decided to have the same room together with Ayana.

As Ayana fix her clothes for them to be put in the drawers and cabinets in their room (in the said apartment). Riku noticed how gloomy Ayana has starting to become ever since the incidents that made her worry so much. What's happening to her has caused him to worry so much as well, he couldn't help but come near her.

Riku: Ayana, are you okay? You're making me worried...

Ayana look up to Riku, starring at him for few moments and then smiling, it wasn't a fake one at all! Nor she tried to force herself to smile.

Ayana: I'm okay! I'm just...

Riku: Ayana, you don't have to pretend to me. I know you too well.

Ayana sighed.

Ayana: Honestly, I'm really looking forward of getting here. But...I'm scared of those elders, what if they get me one day...what if I fail to protect myself...

Riku: That is something I will never allow to happen. Ayana, I will protect you with all I have, so is Kaito. You are special to us, and if they want you, they have to get through us first.

Ayana remain looking at Riku, speechless, she do admit she's been overthinking, but these are just one of the things she have no full control of. Riku know this behavior of Ayana, because he's been with her for years. He grabbed his wallet from his pocket.

Riku: Kaito, let's go.

Kaito: Where are we going?

Riku: Let's treat Ayana somewhere here. She needs to take her mind off of things.

Kaito: That's great idea! Wait, I'll just take my important things.

Riku: Alright, Ayana...

Riku grabbed Ayana's hands gently in which she was surprised. He then pulled her to go outside so he can lead her to a nearest diner.

Meanwhile, Riku found the first small restaurant that he'll treat Ayana with, as they enter the said restaurant, she had smell the beef soup and other foods inside, which kind of made Ayana a bit more excited. Ayana loves eating, and she could never resist the temptations of any food that enters her standards.

Riku: See if there is anything you like, I'll check on mine.

Ayana sniffed more, it brings out a smile on her face.

Ayana: Ahh, the food here seems super new for me to try...can we try all of it?

Riku: Well, you can. As long as I still have money left.

Ayana: I promise, I won't drain your wallet!!

Riku chuckled.

Ayana checks on what's on the menu, and decided to order only three because she didn't want Riku to pay too much for her food, being considerate she is. As she tell her order to the chef, someone called up on her name, it was quite a familiar tone for her. Ayana took some time to try and recognize the voice, and decided to turn around in the end, it turns its one of Gaara's siblings, Kankuro.

Ayana was somewhat speechless to see him all grown up and taller than her, she watched him come near her.

Kankuro: Ayana!! I knew it was you!