Chapter 4: Their Piece of Justice

Time has passed, Day two of Ayana and her friends' on their way to visit Suna, it was evening and they decided to spend the rest of the night under the vast sea of stars, Ayana was only thinking about of what her father had told her before she left the village with her friends. Her train of thought was disturbed by her friend Kaito, who just finished fixing his bed and then lay down.

Kaito: You look so worked up, is there something wrong?

Ayana: It's about what father had told me...it sounds so serious, And the events that happened lately, Kaito. you don't think something bad will happen later do you...?

Kaito and Riku looked at each other for a short period of time. They, too, noticed the unusual events to the point that it's becoming concerning. But knowing Ayana...

Riku: Nothing will happen. we'll make sure of it.

It was brief yet it was the most concern Riku can show.

Kaito: Yeah! Me and Riku will make sure of it! No one will touch you while you're asleep Ayana, don't worry! Just enjoy the trip, Look at the bright side, you'll get to see your friend again.

Ayana looked down and gave what Kaito said some thought, she then nodded and smiled.

Ayana: Yes...that's what matters. Thank you, Riku, Kaito.

Riku: Go to sleep, I'll watch.

Ayana: But Riku, you woke up very early today. Don't you think its unhealthy?

Riku: I'll be fine.

Kaito: Listen to Ayana, she just cares for you.

Riku: I know, but there might be someone lurking around.

Kaito: I don't feel any chakra around. What about you Ayana?

Ayana: Not at all! Riku, you're really kind and thoughtful, but I don't want you sacrificing yourself for us.

Kaito: I'm sleepy, Riku, if you don't sleep, Ayana will nag you all night.

Ayana then smiled to Riku. He sighed.

Riku: Okay...I'll go to sleep.

She chuckled.

Riku laid down beside Ayana's sleeping place, guarding her until she can finally go to sleep. Ayana wants to go out more but the danger that's following her is somewhat limiting the things of what she's able to do, the threat of being alone and without someone to protect her if those elders might come get her again, they never know if they watch her actions and wherever she may be going, waiting for the right moment to get her just like the other day, if Ayana's father didn't come to rescue her, she could have been taken and locked in a basement somewhere, imprisoning her or using her as a hostage for her parents to obey the elders.

Ayana just can't believe she have to go through this, very young and no experience, no realistic outlook of what life is, it was difficult for her to think about that, worrying causes her to be stressed and very overwhelmed. It is very noticeable in her chubby face, the frown she paints and her expressive eyes says otherwise, in one glance you could say she is having a problem.

Ayana couldn't help but being anxious at this moment, to the point that she is starting to bite her nails, Riku was still up and noticed it. However, before Ayana could even continue, she saw the flower that reminds her of her and Gaara's childhood, which somewhat made her calm down.

Ayana grabbed it and laid down in her sleeping place, looking at it and starts to recall all the moments they had, though, they are very few that you can actually count them, it holds a special place in her heart, especially when they were still little kids, although it didn't end quite well, it's a moment in their life that changed their life differently, which made it very special not only to her, but probably to Gaara as well.

As she continue to reminisce, Ayana had closed her eyes and went to sleep. Riku had to put up the blanket for her and then went back to his position to sleep as well. It's going to be another long day for tomorrow.

💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮

However on the other side of the shinobi land, there is this girl who sat in front of the mirror, fixing herself.

???: It's going to be a long day tomorrow, today was quite exhausting.

???: I always advise you to not sweat yourself too much, we already made sure, now all we have to do is watch over him and make sure he's following the plan.

The girl fixing herself turned to see her older brother.

???: But nii-san, we always have to make sure that our plan works as well, we can't just make less effort, this project has always been so important to me, as because it will give our dead clan some justice, at least.

???: I'm just worried of what more can you do and what more you could get yourself into.

???: There is nothing more that could stop me, our clan...our parents is the one going to be benefit from this, they need the justice they deserve.

Another one in the room just continues to listen to the conversation of the two.

???: I understand, but still, I want you to be careful, Sayoko.

Sayoko adjusted the candle light on their room, revealing her face clearly, a girl with a white hair, with bangs and matches it with her red eyes, almost you could say that she is the villainous type. Her brother talking was Bumiku, and the one on the other side of the room listening to their conversation was Akuno, a half Genji whose cousin is Sayoko and Bumiku.

Sayoko: Tomorrow we move back to the village, I heard the Genji's heir visits this said village to see her childhood friend.

Bumiku: Alright.

Sayoko: I want to check up on Orochimaru a bit before going to bed, he had helped us enough, and I want to go on a meeting with him.

Bumiku: Once again sister, be careful.

Sayoko: Oh I will.

Before Sayoko could proceed to walk away from their room, Kabuto interrupted her.

Kabuto: Orochimaru needs to talk to you.

Sayoko: I know, I was just about to come to him. Perfect, because I need you to assist me where he is.

Kabuto: Alright, I'll lead the way.