Chapter 6: Meeting the Kazekage

The next day, Gaara had tried to check on the village early just to check if he could see Ayana on the streets again, but his expectations failed him, and so he stayed with his office once more and planned to go back later. As Gaara have done the last paperworks (not really the last of it, but the last of the batch), he was worried of the deal he had made with the certain someone, it has been bothering him ever since he agreed to that contract; how to fix it without having to hurt somebody? Will the plan succeed? Will someone get killed tonight?

Tightening his village security was utterly useless, for this person he made contract with will just make things more hard for him. We can say that he is stuck and was left with no other choice. As he continues worrying, a knock on the door disturbed his thinking.

It was Tsuyu. One of his ninjas that works inside the Kazekage estate, that lends him a hand anytime he would ask for it; although if he doesn't, Tsuyu still helps Gaara in any way she can.

Tsuyu: Kazekage-sama, you have visitors.

Gaara: Visitors? Who are they?

Tsuyu: I think someone that knows you a lot.

Tsuyu made way for the visitors to come inside the office, it was only Kankuro who came in first, Gaara was about to ask him what does Kankuro needs until the following person that came in grabbed his attention, the person he was looking for.

Ayana...

Ayana: Hello Gaara, long time no see!

Kankuro: I brought her here, now, thank me Gaara.

Gaara felt Ayana's excitement through her voice, with how cheerful and happy she sounds, the more Gaara becomes guilty.

Gaara: L-long time no see...

Gaara's tone made Ayana somewhat worried of him.

Ayana: Is there something wrong? D-Did I surprise you too much...?

He remained seated and looking at her, after a short while he decided to turn around, not saying anything to Ayana that she is expecting to hear from him.

Gaara: No you didn't, it's just a very wrong timing for today.

Ayana: What do you mean...wrong timing?

Gaara: I'm just busy, you see...there are other paperworks I still have to do.

Kankuro: But you can put them aside for her just for few moments right? It won't hurt I'm sure, right Tsuyu?

Tsuyu: Oh, yes! I'm sure the council won't have any qualms at all, just take your time with your reunion.

Tsuyu didn't like what's happening at all, she is jealous to the fact that it was Ayana that Gaara was looking for all along, although, but with his reaction towards her kind of gave her a glimpse of hope.

Gaara: I'd like to finish them today instead.

Kankuro: What?

Gaara refuses to elaborate more.

Kankuro: Are you sure? You don't want to spend some time with Ayana even for a short while?

Although Ayana was sad because of it, she decided to hide her frown and understand Gaara's situation, she thinks he's doing something urgent.

Ayana: It's alright, when do you want me to come back? So I'd know when you're busy and when you're not.

Gaara: I'm not sure.