Introductory Author's Note

Here is the oh-so fabulous sequel to the oh-so fabulous Oh Calamity. I promise you that this story will leave you feeling satisfied, and reveal your every emotion. It's a think piece that taps into adult life at it's finest; buying a home, getting married, raising a child, ect. These themes will show your favorite characters as you have never seen them before. 

As far as the structure of the entire franchise, this is book two of three, excluding the prequel. The prequel will probably be published in June or July, when I have plenty of writing time. Plus, it'll set the scene for the prequel, because the prequel happens during the summer. 

Obviously, the prequel is going to be short and unsurprising. It's entirety is the summer that Alex and Marina met. It has some fights with him and Lisa, Marina sleeping with Mikey, Emily and Zack getting together, Kianna sleeping with Christofer drew, and just little things that you've heard mentioned in the story, but you never see. But, looking at the time frame, you know Alex and Marina won't be getting together. But it'll be funny and light and the perfect summer read. Question: do you want to keep that PG-13, or are you thinking go the full R rated? You, the readers, get to pick.

I'm not going to give you any details on the third book because nothing is set in stone yet, other than the time frame.

For those of you reading this story without reading the first, I suggest you read OC to get a better feel, but if not, here is a short summary:

Marina, Kianna, Colby, and Emily are all in a band called Still Burning Daylight (SBD for short). Emily and Zack Merrick have been dating for two years. Everybody else are just friends. Alex and Marina are particularly close, and both newly single on this upcoming spring tour. Marina graduated her highschool early, and is invited to go to prom and graduation with her original class. Alex volunteers to be her date. They get closer and closer as time goes on. By prom, they're best friends. At prom, they decide to date. At graduation, the 5SOS boys show up. It's revealed that Colby had a fling with Luke. Anyway, moving on. Emily announces she is pregnant, and Zack proposes. Colby and Luke get together officially. Kianna has a fling with Jack. 

The summer goes fine. Alex and Marina get closer and closer. Fall comes, and she moves in with him. The hollidays pass, and everything is bright and dandy. In January, Emily loses the baby. All the friends are sad. Lisa, who is Alex's ex and Marina's friend, tells Marina that she once got pregnant when she was with Alex and aborted the baby. Marina never tells Alex.

All the friends drift. Rian and Colby get too caught up in their own relationships. Kianna and Jack have a large fight and don't talk anymore. Zack and Emily are obviously caught up in their own battle. Marina and Alex struggle to keep everyone together, and they do it. But when things look fine, Alex finds out about Marina's secret. 

They promptly break up, and Marina tries to kill herself. This happens in May. The bands tour seperately during the summer, and although Emily is pregnant again, Marina and Alex do not talk. They try to hate each other to cover the feelings inside.

Alex finds a rebound hookup, Jenna. Marina leads on a new man, as an attempt to gain control, Jason. By the end of the summer, both gigs fail, and they are forced to tour together again. They tend to occasionally get along, but it is always cut short by some kind of argument, normally over something ridiculous (like, for instance, using coasters). 

When they get back to Baltimore, she spends the night at his place, and they make ammends, almost completely. The next day, they fight about some unspecified thing. On her birthday, they get stuck in an elevator together (which is her most prominent fear throughout the story), and he calms her down and gives her her present, which she coordually thanks him for. The next chapter is set the morning after her party, where she got blackout drunk and woke up in a bed with Alex, half naked. She immediately assumes they had sex and takes a Plan B supplement, telling no one (but Matt) and not talking about the night before because frankly, she doesn't want to know what happened.

Seeing as she thinks Alex took advantage of her, she's very short with him all day. They finally argue, and Jack walks out, making them argue even more. She then explains why she's so upset, and he is offended. He tells her that they played a game where they switched clothes, and he didn;t fit into hers, and that explains the half nakedness. He asks if she's still upset, which questions her pride, so she says yes. He declares official shut off- no more communication whatsoever. She cries and calls after him, but he keeps walking.

Exactly a week later, he gets a phone call where Lisa asks him a favor, and he says okay. He then asks Lisa why she never told him personally. Lisa explains that it wasn't his kid, and that's why she never told him. She says she hinted it to Marina, but Marina never picked up on it. It was all just a misunderstanding.

Alex runs away, and has an anxiety attack, but Marina knows he's not okay, and goes out to find him. She does, and they resume their relationship from the fight they had in May. That's the end.

Gah I spent so long on that story. Anyway, I know I said I was going to change character names, but it was too confusing to write with. So I'm keeping them. The first chapter of this story should be coming soon. Aight.

Love,

-LoryXD