9. The One With The L Word .

~

"I tried to text you but it wouldn't go through, what's going on?" Jeremy asked licking his lips. He couldn't keep his eyes off of Khaila.

Khaila crossed her legs and continued doing her homework that she planned on finishing so she wouldn't do it at home.

"I dont know why it isn't coming through." Jeremy smacked his lips. "Really?" Khaila looked up at his piercing blue eyes.

"Mhm." He was cute to her, he had blue eyes, black hair and he looked like he lifted weights. "If you dont like me you could tell me."

Jeremy said feeling a little hurt. Khaila sighed pulling her phone out. She looked at Jeremy's number and saw it was on the blocked list.

August.

She shook her head. She knew August had blocked him on her phone. "So?" Jeremy asked. Khaila sat her phone down.

"It's not that I dont like you... because I think you're cute." "But?" He asked. "I have a boyfriend." Jeremy frowned.

"I'm sorry." Jeremy sat back in his seat. "You had a boyfriend all this time?" He asked. Khaila shook her head. "No."

He ran his fingers through his hair. "Okay, so friends?" He asked. Khaila raised a brow. She was surprised. "Yea, friends." The bell rang and Khaila packed her homework up.

They walked out of the door and August was already waiting for her. Khaila smiled. "Hey." August looked at Jeremy.

"See you later Khi." Jeremy said. August's eye twitched. "Bye." Khaila smiled a little and he walked off. "Khi?" August asked.

"Yes?" Khaila said. August sucked his teeth. "He calling you by your nickname now?" Khaila rolled her eyes. "He's my friend, so yes, I dont mind."

"But I do." They started walking to Khaila's locker. "Well I dont see why." "But I do." August repeated. Khaila smiled. "Awe, your jealous."

August clenched his teeth. "I saw how he was looking at you aight? Like you're a piece of steak or some shit... I dont like it." Khaila shrugged opening her locker.

"Do you trust me?" She asked. August was silent. Khaila looked at him. "You dont trust me." "I do trust you, I just dont trust these niggas around you."

"So you dont trust Chris and Huey?" Khaila asked folding her arms. "Well yea." "You do know that Chris had a huge crush on me right?"

August rolled his eyes hard. "Yea I am very aware." Khaila smiled. "You dont have anything to worry about okay?" August nodded.

"I know." "Even though you already blocked his number on my phone." August threw his arm around Khaila's neck. He didn't care who saw him.

"He should've stopped texting you." Khaila shook her head. When they got to third period they walked to the back where their little crew was.

Jada was even there all booed up with Chris. Chanel was obviously over it because she was talking to some junior.

Huey was writing a speech at this Black Lives Matter rally he had that weekend. Georgia was knocked out. Khaila hit Georgia's desk and she shot up.

"I didn't eat your homework!" She yelled. Everyone started laughing. Georgia cleared her throat then folded her arms.

"What homework did you eat Georgie?" Chris asked. "Fuck y'all." She mumbled. They continued to laugh.

"I have an announcement to make." Huey said. "Here we go." Chanel mumbled. He cleared his throat.

"I would like y'all to join me in my Black Lives Matter rally this Friday."