12. The One With The Studio .

~

"What did you have to talk to me about?" Whitney asked sitting at her desk. Khaila sat infront of her and took a deep breath.

Whitney was white with red hair and green eyes. She was beautiful but she was the definition of a bitch.

Maybe Whitney was gonna go easy on her though. Khaila prayed. "I need some more hours." Whitney frowned sitting back. "I know it's probably much but-"

"I'll give them to you." Khaila raised a brow. "Really?" "Mhm, one condition." Khaila nodded slowly. She knew it was gonna have something to do with August.

"Does it have something to do with my boyfriend?" She asked. Whitney laughed. "Well." Khaila rested her head on her hand.

"I was thinking that.. but I'm not gonna do that." Khaila was silent.

"I was thinking more about you hooking me up with your friend, the cute one with the curly afro... the one that looks like Jacob Perez without the mustache?"

Khaila's eyes widened. "Huey?" Whitney nodded. Khaila sighed. "Alright." Whitney smiled writing her number down.

"Give him my number and have him call me, you can start you extra shift tonight." Khaila frowned. "Wait.. tonight?" She asked.

Whitney nodded looking up at her. "Yes, it that a problem?" She asked. Khaila shook her head. "Nah, no problem." "Great." She handed Khaila her number.

"Have him call me alright? She asked. Khaila smiled and nodded. "Yea, thanks." Khaila thanked her then walked out of her office.

"How'd it go?" Chanel asked. Khaila ran her fingers through her hair. "She said yes." Chanel smiled. "Good, so why do you look like that?"

Khaila shook her head going back to the register. "She asked me to hook her up with Huey." Chanel laughed. "Stop lying." Khaila was silent.

Chanel stopped laughing. "You told her you would?" Khaila nodded. "Well yea, I dont have much of a choice." Chanel shook her head.

"He'll never do it." Chanel said. Khaila knew he wouldn't but she was gonna have to ask him. Plus, she had to cancel dinner plans with August.

He had been planning a fancy dinner for them for a couple of weeks now. She knew he was gonna be pissed.

Khaila couldn't even pull her phone out because Whitney would literally take it.

~

August leaned back listening to this wack ass rapper named Puma in the studio.

He wasnt really listening though, while he was listening to the beat he was writing in his journal. Everyone sat around waiting for this to be over.

August tried not to go to sleep because when he close his eyes... it's over with. "Alright, no, we can't do this." Darius said. Puma frowned.

"Fuck you mean you can't do this?" Puma asked. Darius sighed. "Step out of the booth man." Puma sucked his teeth then walked out of the booth.

"What's the problem?" He asked. Darius rubbed his hands together placing them against his lips.

"You wack as hell, I expected you to be something more." He trailed off waving his hand in a circular motion. "Talented." August mumbled.

Everyone looked at him. "Right, who are you again? Augusta?" Darius asked. August looked up at him. "August." He corrected with an attitude.

"Whatever." August rolled his eyes hard. He couldn't stand that nigga. "Fuck you mean I'm not talented? I'm more talented then your skinny ass." Puma said.