25. The One With The Phone Call .

>>

"I think he was just scared." August said rubbing Khaila's shoulder. "Yea same, I even saw him cry a little..but he's happy." Khaila mumbled laying on August's chest.

They had moved and ended up staying in the loft above Khaila's shop. "Yea, oh I forgot something." August leaned in and pulled a box out of the nightstand.

"What?" Khaila asked sitting up. August opened the both revealing her engagement ring. Khaila sighed a little making August frown.

"What's wrong?" He asked. She ran her fingers through her hair and sighed. "I think it's not a good time to get married, we should wait a little longer."

August sat up straight. "I mean you saw how easy it was for us to break up, if we get married we just can't get a divorce everytime we get into an argument."

Khaila tried to reason with him. "Well damn." He mumbled. "Baby-" "It's cool." He shook his head and threw the ring in the drawer.

Khaila sighed. "And I'm going back to Paris." August's head shot her way.

"What? When?" He asked. "I have to.. it's fashion week and I have to be in Paris, London, New York and Milan." She mumbled.

August furrowed his eyebrows. "I'm leaving tomorrow." "Aight for how long? I hope you not trying to stay up there." Khaila stayed silent looking at him. August frowned.

"You already made up your mind." He said. Khaila nodded. "Yea I did.. it was when we broke up." "Why didn't you just tell me when I was in Paris?"

"Because- I don't know.. it wasn't on my mind at the moment." "You always talking about me when it comes to lying and keeping shit but you just took the damn cake."

Khaila was silent. "Damn." He stood up and put his clothes on. "I'm sorry, you can come with me-" "And do what?!" He yelled spinning around.

"I don't know what the hell is in France..what the fuck would I be doing there?" He asked. Khaila shrugged. "You could be with me." August sighed running a hand down his face.

"So I'm supposed to drop everything I worked hard for.. to move out of the damn country?" He asked. "It's just a suggestion." Khaila shrugged.

"I'm not gonna force you, August, but this is my dream..this is exactly what I've been working for all these years and it's finally coming true."

"You're not the only one that has something going on in their life." He said folding his arms. Khaila nodded. "Yea I know.. so what are we gonna do?" Khaila asked.

"You're the one that wants to leave.. it's your choice." Khaila frowned and nodded her head. August walked out of the room leaving Khaila deep in thought.

>>

"Ew." Khaila scrunched her face up as she crossed out the skitch she was drawing in her notebook.

She had been trying to work for a couple days now and the only think that was on her mind was August. She loved him more than life itself but she didn't know what to do.

She would either leave the country and do what she loved or stay with the love of her life. "I didn't ask you all that,I wanted to know when you'll come back."

Chanel fussed at Chris through the phone. Khaila looked up at her friend and raised a brow.

"I understand that but I barely get to see you Chris,why can't you bring Noah over here then?" Chanel asked. It was silent and the next thing you know Chanel is pulling on her dreadlocks.

"Fine whatever." She hung up the phone and looked at Khaila. Khaila didn't even bother to look away either. "Hey." Khaila said.

Chanel sighed and took a seat beside her on the couch. "Its like Jada has had all of Chris' time lately since the baby was born." Khaila raised a brow.

"You mean the baby has his time?" Khaila corrected her. Chanel sighed and sat on the couch. "I guess." Khaila closed her book and sat up straight.

"You don't think he's-" "No..well I hope not." Chanel mumbled. "He wouldn't do that to you." Khaila said. Chanel was silent.

Khaila's phone rung killing the silence. She looked at it and frowned when she saw Sheila calling her.

Ever since her dad disowned her on top of the thing with August she hadn't really been out the house either.

She grabbed the phone and stared at it for a second before she finally answered. She stood up and walked to the back for some privacy. "Hello?" Khaila asked.

"I've been calling you for days-" "Yea I know, I didn't think you cared." Khaila said. Sheila sighed. "Of course I care about you Khai."

Khaila stayed silent staring out the window. "How are you though baby?" Sheila asked. Khaila shrugged. "I'm fine." She lied. Sheila nodded rocking Nala back and forth.

"How about you come by later to see your sister?" Sheila offered. "No,my Dad would have a fit-" "Your dad isn't home." Sheila said cutting her off.

Khaila sighed. "Alright,I'll be there in a hour." "Great." Khaila hung up the phone and took a deep breath. The last thing she wanted to do was run into her father. She did want to see Sheila though.

She knew at least someone was thinking about her. "I'm gonna go get something to eat..you want something?" Chanel asked. "Just a pop." Khaila shrugged.

"Alright." Chanel left and Khaila pulled her phone out to see if August called or texted her. When she saw he didn't she sighed and sat her phone down. Even though August was waiting on a text from her too he never got one.

They were both stubborn. Eventually Khaila gave in and decided to call him. She pulled her legs up against her chest and chewed on her lip nervously. She didn't expect him to answer the phone.

"Yo." August said playing cool like he didn't want her to call him. "Hi." Khaila said. "Wassup Ma?" August asked. Khaila sighed. "I miss you." Khaila said. August sat back in the studio since he was on a break.

"August?" Khaila said frowning her face up. "What you need?" August asked. Khaila's face changed. She knew he was still made at her but still. "Look, if you don't need anything then-" "Nah I said what I have to say..bye."

She hung up her phone and threw her head back looking up at the ceiling.

August looked at his phone. He wasn't trying to be an asshole but he couldn't help how he felt. He was pissed off that she was willing to leave him and expect him to sacrifice his career in the states.

He wasn't even a big star yet to be moving out of the country. He wasn't even making bread like that yet. That's just something he'll have to think about.

-