11. The One With The Struggle .

~

"We need bread." Khaila said closing the fridge. August kept his eyes on the tv screen. "August." Khaila folded her arms.

"Yea hold on, I have a streak." August said playing Call Of Duty. Khaila rolled her eyes hard. She looked around at their new apartment that Sheila set up for them.

School had started back up, both of them were working and they barely had any food. "Shit!" He yelled throwing his controller.

"Are you gonna acknowledge your girlfriend now?" Khaila asked. August looked up at her. "Yea, my bad babeh." August stood up walking to the kitchen.

"We dont even have butter." Khaila said. She was not used to this at all. It was killing her. "Be cool aight? I'll go get a couple of things tomorrow."

"What are we gonna eat tonight?" Khaila asked. August sucked his teeth. "We can make that macaroni in there.. and fry that chicken." Khaila sighed.

"Alright I'll make it." She mumbled. August grabbed her hand. "What?" Khaila asked with attitude. Not towards August, but because she never had to struggle before.

August frowned. "Why you mad at me?" He asked. Khaila sighed. "I'm not mad at you, I'm just not used to this." August nodded.

"I get it, but we're not asking them for help. They got this apartment for us so we can be on our own." Khaila was silent. "We straight, we just gotta go to the grocery store." Khaila nodded.

"Okay." "And I'll cook, you dont have to." Khaila smiled. "Thank you." August kissed her lips. "I love you Ma." Khaila's smile widened. She was indeed in love with him.

Everything he did didn't really bother her unless his eyes were glued to the tv and he acted like he was deaf for an hour.

He cut his hair and she didn't even get mad because he still looked good.

Even though she didn't like the situation she was in she'd rather go through it with him. "I love you more baybeh." August laughed at her.

"I'm gonna go clean up around here and you cook.. make sure you put mustard on my chicken before you fry it babe."

Khaila started walking towards the back. "It isn't any mustard." August said. Khaila groaned. After the house got cleaned ate they sat in the living room watching reruns of Martin.

"You think I should get a second job?" August asked. Khaila looked up from the tv and looked at him. "You dont like the label?" She asked.

"Their not paying shit foreal, all that nigga got me doing is going on YouTube and looking for the next Chris Brown." August mumbled sitting back.

He was stressed. He thought that internship at DefJam would be his way to the music industry but it wasn't like that.

"What job you got in mind them baby? And when are you gonna have the time?" Khaila asked. August looked down at her. "I dont know."

Khaila nodded and laid back on his bare chest. She started tracing over his tattoos. "I'll just ask for more time at the shop." "You think Whitney gonna let you get more time?"

August asked. He saw how Khaila's boss be looking at Khaila, like she wanted to kill her in her sleep or something.

She even had the nerve to stare August down when he dropped Khaila's lunch off. "Yea, why you say it like that?" She asked.

"She dont like you that's why." Khaila nodded. "Yea I know, she likes you though." Khaila mumbled. "I'm not worried about that lady."

"I know." Khaila said. She sighed. August bit his lip. "What if I start selling that weed?" He asked. Khaila smacked her lips.