Naivety

A/N: Again, I listened to "Most Beautiful & Emotional Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso OST IMO" as I wrote this AS WELL AS "STUDIO GHIBLI VIOLIN MEDLEY Ft. Albert Chang" by JuNCurryAhn for the violin scene. The medley the sisters play is exactly the same as the latter video (all songs are in the exact same order as well so, if you want the full experience, put it on).

xXx

We all start out the same

With simple naïve trust

Shielded from the many ways

That life's not fair or just

Tempest Shadow

xXx

The bell above the door jingled, indicating that someone had entered. A wiry middle-aged man looked up from his volleyball magazine, his moustache twitching as he recognised the girl who had entered.

She dipped her head politely to him. "Good morning, Yamaguchi-san."

"Makoshima-san," he replied in greeting, putting down his magazine. "How can I help you today? You're awfully early."

Naoko took a moment to yawn before answering, "What's the best quality violin you have right now?"

xXx

Sumire's heart nearly stopped as the read the message that her sister had sent her via text.

Her hand trembled and she nearly dropped her bottle of fruity soda water as her eyes followed the clean, concise words over and over again.

The bottle hit the ground with a resounding thud!

Things just got real.

Come to Aobajosai at lunchtime. We're going to need to squeeze in as much practice time as we can. There's a bike rental shop just opposite your school, right?

xXx

Within fifteen minutes, Sumire had biked all the way to Aobajosai, scurrying through the courtyard and into the main building.

"Nee-chan!" she called as students filed out of their classrooms, on their way to their designated lunch spots. "Naoko-nee!" An overwhelming feeling nearly knocked her off her feet. Prior to this, she would never have dared to draw attention to herself in such a way.

Her violin jostled in her case but she knew that there would be no real damage done if any at all.

"Sumire-chan?"

Sumire screeched to a halt at that familiar voice. She turned, craning her neck upward at a brunet. "Oh, it's you, Oikawa-san."

Oikawa stopped in front of her, smiling. "What brings you here, Sumire-chan? Did you come to see your sister?"

"Yes, actually." Sumire grinned, hardly able to contain her excitement. "Do you know where her classroom is, Oikawa-san?"

"Eh? Don't you remember? She always sits on the roof during lunch hour." He clicked his tongue in mock disappointment. "Such a bad student... always breaking the rules."

Sumire faltered only a bit. "Ah. I assumed that it was a one time thing." She glanced around. "I guess there isn't much space in the school. Naoko-nee always did prefer the outdoors." She shook her head. "Never mind. Thanks anyway, Oikawa-san."