Season Finale: Serpentigenous Reprise

A/N: I like to think that Kitagawa Daiichi and Karasuno High are within walking distance, so that might explain things a little more clearly.

This is the chapter considered the Season Finale. Which means it is super, super long, just for you, dear readers! This will be the end of Season One of Kindergarten Bully (yey)!

xXx

Some people revel in taking risks, and some go through life taking no risks at all.

Nicholas Winton

xXx

"Did you get enough money from your piggy bank for the bus fare?" Taiga asked Jun'ichi as they sat down in their classroom. They were met with friendly smiles and waves from all of their classmates. It was nice to be popular.

Even when those smiles and waves quickly disappeared to frowns and scowls when they thought the twins weren't watching.

The twins could hardly be angry at each other for long. In this cold, unfeeling world, they only had each other and knew it. They lived off of each other—one could not thrive without the other.

"Enough for one person," Jun replied, patting his wallet. There were hundreds of yen shoved in their by their stepmother—they weren't allowed to use it; it was only to show that their family was well off.

"Same for me," Taiga said, giving her brother a small smile. "I can't wait until tomorrow."

"Still, though... we really gonna skip school for this tournament? Kaede's mother is going to kill us." Jun'ichi rubbed the back of his head, his eyes uncertain. Taiga sighed. She knew how terrified of their stepmother he was—even more so than she was. Her shoulder started to ache again but she ignored it, frowning at Jun.

"I don't want to listen to her anymore." She crossed her arms and leaned back in her seat. "She has the audacity to portray us as the perfect children in a perfect family... The other kids don't know about what she's really about. If they did, they wouldn't even talk to us. And, honestly? I wouldn't mind that. I just... don't want to listen to her anymore."

"Taiga!" Jun exclaimed, horrified. "Do you know what she'll do to us if she finds out—"

"I know!" Taiga snapped. "But I've had it up to here," she stretched her arm up as high as she could reach, "with that woman! In fact, after the tournament, I'm not going home."

"Eh?! Taiga, your impulsiveness is speaking again!"

"But it could work," she argued. "We don't have that much stuff anyway, except our uniforms and your soccer jersey. We could pack quickly this afternoon and never go back."

"But where will we go?" Jun wanted to escape Kaede's mother as much as his twin—he was eager to hear her ideas, though skeptical.

"We could rent an apartment or something—"

"We're twelve," Jun deadpanned.

"We can figure something out though," Taiga told him, tapping her fingers on the table. "Please, Jun. After the tournament, we don't go back home, okay?"

"No..."

"Please!"

"No!" Jun cried worriedly.

"Think about it. We could steal money from her to last us for a while and get jobs."

"We're not thirteen yet—"

"We will be soon! Next week, if you haven't already forgotten. Then we'll be eligible to get a job!"