Armageddon

I'm going back to my roof.

Naoko Makoshima

xXx

The fountain in the middle of the courtyard bubbled and splashed as the students of Aobajosai poured in through the front gate, faces bright and chattering amongst each other. It was just another start of a school day; peaceful, serene and—

"AAAAHHHH!"

Toshio charged through the crowd, multiple sheets of paper crammed between his armpits. He was already sweating, having run to school all the way from his house, which was a good few miles away. A pair of black rimmed glasses were sitting skewed on the bridge of his nose as he sprinted toward the school building like he was trying to catch the last bus to school.

"Excuse me—whoop, sorry! Student representative coming through! Pardon me, ladies!"

Girls screamed and tried to push their skirts down as the wind generated from Toshio's dash caused said skirts to fly upwards.

"Pervert!"

"Oi, pal, that's my girlfriend!"

"GOOD MORNING, NAOKO!" Toshio practically shouted in the girl's ear as he flew past her, the human counterpart of Sonic the Hedgehog. He even had the blue hair to match. "I'LL SEE YOU AT THE CLUB ROOM!"

Naoko blinked in confusion. "Good morning?" Well, this was an interesting start to the October month. Their school culture festival would be coming up soon, as well as Tadashi's birthday, which was next month. Her face was now completely devoid of the bruises that Izumi had gave her.

Speaking of Izumi, the girl never did come back to school after the tournament. According to the gossip, she had moved somewhere far, far away. Yuki Toriyama had practically gone bankrupt from the amount of money that she was sued of. Tori was pulled out from Aobajosai—her mother could no longer afford to keep her in a private school, especially with her absymal grades—and was now attending a public school. Sometimes, Naoko saw her smoking her life away in the neighborhood.

Her sister Sumire and Kageyama had started dating, though their relationship didn't really change much. Naoko was pleased to know that Kageyama hadn't kissed Sumire yet (though she was half-hoping that he would do so maybe at around Christmas time).

The volleyball club and the martial arts club had learned to put some of their differences aside, though they frequently butted heads over the amount of noise one club or another made.

At least they didn't swear at each other or threaten to get into fights with each other anymore.

Naoko sighed through her nose. It seemed like the peaceful days weren't going to last very long. She was already steeling herself to face whatever ridiculous scheme Toshio had undoubtedly conjured up.

After changing into her indoor shoes, she immediately made her way to the drama club room. Thanks to the tournament, the Sendai Standoff and other things, she had forced to neglect her school club (not that she really minded).

"Naoko, you're here!" Midori squealed, bouncing up to her and opening her arms. "Can I have a hug?"

"Ah... sure," Naoko answered awkwardly.

"Yay!" The green-haired girl squeezed her for a few seconds before pulling back and grinning. "I feel like I haven't seen you in ages!"

"Midori, I saw you last week."

"Exactly! Ages!"

"Anyone got any idea why our esteemed class representative looks like he's about to wet himself?" Leiko drawled, gesturing with her thumb to a comically excited Toshio. The flyers that had been squashed beneath his armpits earlier that morning were now neatly piled on the table. "And why the hell is he wearing glasses?" As if to make a point, she pushed her own pair of spectacles up her nose.