Finish Line and Beyond

A/N: First of all, I want to apologize. I don't think I had any idea what I was getting into when my weirdass brain came up with the idea of inserting Haikyuu! in the real world. My world.

So guess what? I'm scrapping the arc. Because the main story has already been told and there's no need to fluff around any longer.

I seriously just want to end this story already. I don't want to fall into the trap of a never ending fic, which I fear will happen if I go on with this arc.

The idea was terrible and concocted when I was on a sugar high with my friends and laughing about dick jokes.

So, yeah. The arc's no longer happening, nor will it be replaced with something else. I hope you understand. I really don't want to ruin the tone of the story with this silly arc.

SO I DELETED THE SHIT OUT OF IT.

If this arc ran, it would have been totally ridiculous. Seriously, I was even considering adding a murder plot. That was how wacky it was going to be.

But I'm actually really proud of this story... because, in 2016, I had a not so good grasp of grammar and could hardly write past thirty thousand words.

So guess what?

We're moving on straight to the epilogue.

I know I really built up good things about this arc, and for that, I sincerely apologised. But I'm running fumes now after more than 200,000 words of Kindergarten Bully. My muse for this is close to non existent now that the end result has been reached: They are together.

Thank you so much for supporting this story. If you read my first author's note for this fic, you would know that I never really intended to write further than the first chapter, until inspiration took a hold of me.

The world works in funny ways, doesn't it?

So now it's time to wrap things up...

Once more: Thank you.

I hope this makes up for my shitty decision.

xXx

Sometimes it's the journey that teaches you a lot about your destination.

Drake

xXx

Oikawa Tooru graduated at the top of his class, which, actually, came a surprise to Makoshima Naoko.

The graduation song was sung with great enthusiasm, and cheers erupted throughout the hall as the third years received their diplomas with the bow of a head.

The third year volleyball team members went for a night celebration after that, and it was discovered that Makoshima Tadashi could down two bottles of sake and still stand, even if he had to throw up his guts afterwards in the restaurant bathroom.

But he came back even stronger, just in time for Oikawa to lift a bottle up for a toast.

"To us!" he declared, clinking his own bottle with everyone else's.

"To us!" they echoed.

And although they all ended up shit-faced that evening, it was all worth it.